5

Later that night, Joey and I were upstairs in bed.

"I still can't believe what Daniel done to you. It's sad", Joey said.
"Yeah, it is", I said. I yawned.
"I swear, it makes me want to kick his rear end", Joey said. I laughed. I curled up next to Joey and fell asleep.
~~~

I was inside of Daniel's basement, chained up. I was hoping for a chance to escape. I was so scared, being all alone. I heard the sound of footsteps coming into the basement. Daniel appeared. Following behind him were four other men.

"Ashli, I've got some friends that would love to meet you", Daniel said.
"I don't want to meet your friends", I said. I was tired, cold, and scared. Daniel laughed. Them, he raised a fist and punched me. His friends started laughing.

"Boys, this is Ashli. She's tired, but I'm sure that you can wake her up", Daniel said with a mischievous eye wink. I knew what was coming next as the men crowded around me.
~~~
I woke up in a cold sweat. Another dream. I hadn't had dreams like these since I'd escaped, so why were they coming back? I didn't know. I got out of bed and went downstairs. I made a glass of water. I thought that my dreams were coming back since I'd told Joey everything.

"Ash?" I turned around and seen Joey standing there.
"Hey", I said.
"Hey. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine", I lied.
"Are you sure? You don't seem okay", Joey said. I sighed.

"I had another nightmare, that's all", I said.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"Not really", I replied. Joey nodded. I finished drinking my water and walked over to Joey.

"I'm sorry that I woke you up", I said.
"You didn't wake me up", Joey said, wrapping his arms around me. I yawned.
"Are you ready to go back to bed?"
"Yes", I replied. Joey picked me up and carried me upstairs to bed.

"Thank you", I said.
"You're welcome", Joey said. I curled up next to Joey and fell asleep.
~~~
I know that this chapter is short, but better, longer chapters will be coming soon. Thanks for reading!