28

I woke up in an unfamiliar area. My head was throbbing. I looked down. My clothes were soaked in blood. I tried to stand up, but I was shoved down. I moaned in pain as I heard the bone in my arm snap.

"It's good that you're awake, Ashli", Daniel said. I looked up at him.
"Please don't hurt me", I begged. He didn't appear to have a weapon with him, but I know what he can do without a weapon.

"I'm not going to - yet."
"Why am I here", I asked.
"I kidnapped you. Again." I felt tears threatening to fall.
"What are you going to do to me?"
"Whatever I please", Daniel said. I bit my lip, trying not to cry.
~~~
Joey's POV...

"So Nicki has been kidnapped and Dad is dead?" Adam asked. I just told Zach and Adam what had happened, and they were mad - but not at me.

"Did you call the police", Zach asked.
"No."
"Good. We can handle this on our own." I didn't know what to think. Ashli had been kidnapped and she could be any where.

"I'm going upstairs for a moment. I'll be back", I said, standing up. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I looked around. Everything here reminded me of Ash. I needed to rescue her, but I couldn't. I didn't know where she was, and even if I did, Ashli could be dead. The very thought made me shudder. I wasn't going to get upset. Ashli would be okay. She would be alive when I got to her and she wouldn't be crying; she would have the biggest smile on her face, as if she had never been kidnapped in the first place. I reached for Ashli's phone and walked back downstairs.

"This is the camera footage", I said, handing Zach the phone. Adam peered over, watching. It was a few minutes before Adam said words that I hated.

"That guy, it's Daniel. He's taken Ashli."
~~~
I am proud to announce that this book is being co-written by iluveurope!