19 - Ashli's POV

The Next Day...
~~~
Joey decided to take me to meet his parents.

"Will we stay overnight", I asked.
"Uh, do you want to?"
"That's your decision."
"Okay. We'll stay overnight", Joey replied. I nodded and packed my suitcase. We were on our way to meet Joey, but I didn't know that his parents lived in Malmö, so it was six hours - close to seven with traffic - before we actually got to his parents house. When we got there, it was already nine at night.

"Are they awake", I asked.
"Yeah. I told them that I was coming."
"Okay." Joey walked up and knocked on the door. A tall man answered the door.

"Hey, Joey", the man said, hugging Joey.
"Hey, Dad." A woman appeared next to the man.

"Hi, Mom", Joey said, giving the woman a hug.
"Hey, Joey." Joey turned around and grabbed my hand.

"Mom, Dad, this is Ashli. Ashli, these are my parents, Rolf and Eva."
"Hi, Ashli", Rolf said.
"Hello, Mr. Larsson", I said. I extended my arm and shook both Rolf and Eva's hand.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Ashli", Eva said.
"You too, Mrs. Larsson."
"Why don't you two come inside?" Joey grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. I followed him inside. The smell of vanilla greeted my nose.

"Are you staying overnight", Mr. Larsson asked.
"Yeah, we are", Joey replied.
"I'll lead you up to a room." Joey and I followed Mr. Larsson upstairs and into a big bedroom.

"This is where you will be sleeping tonight. But you two already look tired."
"We are", Joey said.
"Go ahead and get some sleep", Mr. Larsson said.
"Okay", Joey said. Mr. Larsson told us goodnight and walked out.

"I'm so tired", I yawned.
"Come here", Joey said. I crawled into bed with him and curled up next to him, falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.