4

⚠️⚠️ If you are easily offended by rape, kidnapping, and/or violence, you can skip this part. It is somewhat a key part of the story, but you don't have to read this if you don't want to.⚠️⚠️ What Ashli's cheerleading uniform looked like is above ^^

The next day, I decided to tell Joey my biggest secret.

"Joey, I've got something to tell you", I said.
"What do you want to tell me?" Then, his phone rang.

"I'm sorry. I need to answer this", Joey said. He walked away for a moment. I thought about how Joey would react once I told him my secret. Would he be angry? Would he hate me? I didn't know. Joey came back.

"I've got to go. I need to be a the studio. What did you want to tell me?"
"It's not important", I said.
"Oh. Bye, I love you", Joey said and kissed me.
"Love you, too", I said and kissed him. Joey walked outside and went to the studio.
~~~
A Few Hours Later...

Joey had gotten home two hours ago. We'd had dinner and now we were watching TV.

"What did you want to tell me earlier", Joey asked. I wasn't even thinking about telling him. But, I had to.
"Do you remember when I told you that Daniel and I went on dates and things like that?" (Chapter 12 - My Life as Joey Tempest's Wife)
"Yeah, I do."
"I lied. We weren't together in a loving relationship", I said.
"What do you mean", Joey asked. There was a pause.

"Me and Daniel, we were friends. We liked each other - as friends. But then things changed. Do you remember when I told you about the graduation party", I asked. (Once again, Chapter 12.)
"Yes, I do", Joey replied.
"Okay. I'll start by telling you when me and Daniel met.

It was in the middle of junior (11th grade) year. Daniel had transferred from another school. He was lost in the hallway. I'd been at my locker when I noticed him. He was staring down at a piece of paper, most likely a map of the school. I approached him.

"Are you lost", I asked.
"Yeah."
"What is your next class?"
"History with Mr. Rodgers", Daniel replied.
"Me too. Follow me", I said. We went to class. It was the last one of the day. For the rest of the week, we walked to class together. I noticed that we shared some classes together. Finally, Friday came around. Classes were over, and I'd walked out of the school. Daniel followed me.

"Hey, Ashli", Daniel said.
"Yeah?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me. Not as a date or anything, but as a way of me saying thank you for helping me." I thought for a moment.

"Sure. What time?"
"Seven this evening", Daniel replied.
"Okay. Do you need my address?"
"Yeah, I do."
"It's 4229 Hatton Street."
"I live nearby", Daniel said.
"You do?"
"Yeah. I live at 3981 Hatton Street", Daniel said. I nodded. We walked home together. That night, Daniel and I watched a comedy movie. For the rest of the school year, Daniel and I would go to the movies or go to the bowling alley. We were friends, and that's how it remained for a long time. When the summer came around, we hung out even more. We went to concerts, the movies, soccer games, and more. We learned more about each other, like how Daniel was a year older than me. We were just friends. There was nothing else going on between us. We weren't kissing each other, we weren't in a sexual relationship, nothing like that.

Senior year (12th grade) came around, and that year, we had nearly every class together. That year was no different than the last one. We still hung out, but not as often. Daniel got on the football team, and I tried out for cheerleading. I made the squad. It was at the beginning of the school year when Daniel asked me out on a date.