13

"I don't mind if you stay up here. You can sleep here, too", I said to John.
"Okay", John said, crawling into bed next to me.
"I will warn you, I kick and scream in my nightmares", I said.
"It's okay. That's why I'm here." I laid down, curling up.

"Good night, John", I said.
"Good night."
~~~
"No! Joey, stop it!" Joey wouldn't let me go. I screamed out, scared for my life. Joey threw me to the floor.

"And you wonder why I cheated on you. You are nothing but a crazy, psychopathic- ugh!"
"What? What did you mean, Joey", I cried out.
"You're crazy! Why don't you just die?!" Joey grabbed a knife and held it against my stomach.

"Or better yet, why don't I just kill you?" Joey took the blade and stabbed into me, ripping through my flesh.
~~~
"Ashli, wake up", John said. I opened my eyes.
"What is it?"
"You were screaming in your sleep. Are you okay?"
"Another nightmare", I replied.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"It's bad...", I trailed off.
"I don't mind."
"I had a dream that Joey killed me by stabbing me with a knife." John nodded.

"Do you mean a knife like this", John asked, pulling a knife from behind him. I screamed as John took the knife and stabbed me in the chest. The knife went through me, making it hard to breathe. I struggled, but I closed my eyes and John made one more move, stabbing me directly in the heart.