23

Joey and I were watching TV when someone knocked on the door.

"Who could that be", I asked.
I don't know. I'll go see." Joey stood up and answered the door.

"Ashli, it's Adam." I jumped up and walked over.

"Hey, Adam", I said, pulling him into a hug.
"Hey, Nicki. We really need to talk", Adam said.
"About what?"
"It's a long story. Maybe I come in?"
"Yes, of course", Joey replied. Adam walked in, pulling me along with him.

"What is it", I asked.
"It's Daniel. He's back."
"What do you mean he's back?"
"Recently, Daniel sent me a letter. It had multiple pictures of you in it. And, in red ink, it read; I'm coming back soon. She will be mine."
"What?!"
"After that, he sent Zach a letter. Zach's letter had an image of you, and it read; You better save your sister. Zach is really worried about you", Adam said. Zach was my older brother, older than Adam.

"What does Daniel want", Joey asked.
"I don't know. And, I really hate to say this, but I think that Nicki - and you, if you want to come, too - needs to come with me", Adam said.
"I want to come with you."
"Okay. Nicole, you need to come right now", Adam said.
"I need to get my stuff", I said.
"Okay", Adam said. I stood up and went upstairs, Joey following me. I grabbed everything that I needed to.

"Nicole- Ashli, I'm sorry", Joey said.
"It's okay. You can call me Nicole."
"Okay. Nicole, I'm really sorry about this."
"About what", I asked.
"That Daniel is being really stupid", Joey said.
"It's not your fault."
"But I feel like it is. And it's all because I'm with you - and he's not." I turned around and walked over to Joey. I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Joey, I don't want Daniel to be with me. I'm happy that it's you. And Daniel - he can get over it."
"Okay."
"Are you ready, Nicki", Adam called out.
"Yes", I said. I grabbed my stuff. I made my way downstairs, Joey right behind me.

"Let's go", Adam said.