Leo x Bookworm!Reader

Look at me! Notice me!

Non binary pronouns for your editing needs. This could be any gender.  ~MushroomFiction

Leo's Pov - ♢
So there is this person I have a crush on, they are smart, amazing, and gorgeous! Only one problem is.....they don't notice me. I mean we talk at times and such and we hang out with all my bros and April but every time we are alone, they got their face in the books! Did I mention they are a bookworm? They love reading and studying but mostly reading, sometimes am jealous when Donnie is able to talk to them about different books and such. Just makes me wanna get Y/N and carry them away. But I can't cause it would only confuse them. So how to get them to notice me? How to get them to look me in the eye?

Maybe I'll ask my bros? Nah April would be better. I mean she is more skilled in the social area. I walk around the lair till April is here and I finally walk up to her. "Hey! April! I could use your help." I asked nervously, she smirked and raised a brow. "Is this about Y-N?" I froze "How did you know?" "You suck at hiding things." "Well you notice but not Y-N...." I sigh. "That's cause they are a bit thick head when it comes to things like that." April laughed, "Just ask them to put the book down, or ask them why they always have their head in it. If you wanna tell them how you feel you gotta at least tell them that first so your not talking to yourself." Leo cautiously looked around for Y/N. In case they didn't over hear this. "You think they'll like me back?" "Won't know unless you try." She said. I nodded and stood up. "Thanks!" "No problem! Good luck Leon Neon!" She shouted and I waved goodbye.

He saw the said person in a small part of the sewers which is the most quite for reading. He gulped well here goes nothing then. "Hey Y/N, What's up?" He put his hands behind his back swaying back and forward. "Nothing really just reading about how Harry is going to win the cup for fourth year." They never looked up once only turning the page and nodding to Leo's greeting. "I have to talk to you Y/N." He said honestly. "Okay go ahead." Still had their face in the book no looking back. He pushed the book down he had enough. "Why do you always have you face in the-?" He stopped mid word, they looked up and immediately blushed so red that they looked like they might blow up. "Ahh!!!" They pushed him back and waved a hand. He sat there so confused but then it clicked. "Do...you?" He couldn't even say it in words. "I-I-I-! Sorry just please don't look at me I can't!" They hid. "Hey...Shh, Y/N its okay." He slowly got on the floor and made his way slowly to them. "What the matter?" He wrapped an arm around them. "I just...have a hard time looking at people....you mostly." They said quietly, Leo shook his head a few times. He had a hunch, do they like him...but he can't just go off that. "I don't mean to make fun of you...but do you like me? Like me Like me I mean or do you just have a hard time?" They blinked looking to the side. "I have hard time talking to others, looking at them. I..with..uhh you yes its more hard..I didn't mean to ignore you its just...Ahh I like you." they hid behind the book. oh god they said it and...he blushed ten time redder then Raph's mask. "I uhh ahahahaha. Actually that is what I was here for, I was trying so hard to get you to look at me. I didn't think it would end up like this." He moved his hand to hold theirs and they blushed when he did that. "Sorry I just felt like doing that..." He said blushing and they shook their head. "No...uh its okay...but I really am sorry for...ignoring..well not ignoring but you know what I mean!" They covered their face with their other hand and Leo smirked softly while he pushed their hand down and gave them a quick kiss to the lips before they could run.

They blink slowly before passing out onto Leo and Leo yelled. "Wait Y/N!? oh shit wake up!" They mutter softly, "I was just reading...my book and...you had...to ruin...it...why do you have...to be...so cute...." They said hiding their face again and Leo laughed and laughed while blushing his teasing went out the window and he just hugged them, they didn't seem to mind and hugged back. "Well, am sorry about that. How about we read it together since I wanna know more about your love for stories...My little bookworm~" He teased at the end cause he couldn't help it. They nod shyly and even giggled a bit while doing so. They then both started to read the book and Leo even got into the story, I guess stories weren't so awful. Well of course not....Y/N was right here with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the lack of stories again but this one was also made in 2019 and I just got back to it now, well I mean I kind of remember editing this mid 2021 during the summer so I kind of pick at these from time to time. But here is another story I hope it okay, Love ya all!