My best friend's wedding

"Shefali will you please stop watching the match and help me decide what to wear tomorrow!!" Amara exclaims in frustration as she can't make head or tail of the large pile of traditional saris and lehengas spread across the floor in front of her.

"Tara's sangeet is literally tomorrow and I have nothing to wear." Amara mumbles softly to herself, basically on the verge of tears.

"Amu, hold your horses a minute! Hardik is batting and I have to watch this hottie." Shefali looks at the TV longingly, gulping with a smile as she watches.

Shefali is Amara's rich family friend and needless to say is a huge cricket fan, not for the sport but basically for the players. Oh and especially for Pandya.

Amara rolls her eyes. She has no idea who these players are and has absolutely no interest in cricket.

"Amara, Shefali come down quickly, Tariha aunty wants her henna done!" Amara's mum shouts.

"Yes mum!"

Amara quickly run downstairs, picking up a henna cone on the way from a drawer.

"The mehendi is tomorrow, why does she want it now?" Shefali moans, switching the TV off disappointedly. She examines her bright blue nails that she had done yesterday. She puts her Gucci hoodie and makes her way downstairs with me like a thug.

"Girls, she can't attend your best friend Tara's mehendi tomorrow so you have to do her mehendi today, so she can have it for the wedding day after tomorrow." mum says hastily, running back to her room to pack some stuff for Shefali and Amara as they will be traveling to Rajasthan, where the wedding will be, and all the other functions before it.

"Aunty, mujhe yeh sab mehendi wehendi aati nahi hai. I can put nail paint on if you want?" Shefali says quickly.

Amara laughs secretly as she is doing the henna.

"Shefali beta, go upstairs and finish packing your bag." Her mum says to her.

Amara knows exactly what Shefali is going to finish doing, and it is definitely not packing her bags.

~💗~
"Accha ji, chalti hoon. I came here for henna but ended up staying till tea instead." Cunning Tahira Aunty laughs embarrassingly, slurping on her last sip of tea.

"Dinner bhi kar ke jaati Tahira dear." Her mum says sarcastically.

"Arey nahi nahi, thats so sweet of you Jyoti dear. I'll go now." Tahira Aunty hugs Amara's mum and leaves.

Amara and her mum laugh. It had been ages since she had seen her mum laugh after her dad's death three years ago. Ever since then, her mum has always been busy and stressed about everything; finances, college fees, and nowadays her marriage.

Tara, Amara's rich but extremely close childhood friend's marriage seemed to be like a short break in their hectic middle class lives.

"So - ready to see Raj?" Shefali sighs as she finally manages to zip up her suitcase by sitting on it for half an hour.

"Ab yeh Raj kon hain?" Amara asks unable to keep up with her infinite number of crushes and boyfriends. Shefali who although is a little ditsy and foolish around men to garner their attention, is innocent and sweet at heart, always making Amara laugh.

"Arey yaaaaar - I meant Rajasthan, darling." She laughs.

Amara shakes her head. "See what you have done to me."

She hugs Amara quickly with a laugh, "now sleep well, we have a long day tomorrow."

Amara nods and switch off the lights. They both fall asleep in a blink of an eye.

Little did she know that tomorrow would be the day she meets someone who would love her beyond what she could have ever imagined...