Touchdown Bombay

No matter how, I have to get Dad and mum to meet. After this Australia tour finishes tomorrow, Dad has to come to India. I'm flying back today, but I will ensure he comes.

"Kuch soch Natasha." I mutter desperately as I fiddle with my fingers, pacing back and forth in my hotel room. I suddenly get an idea, which although seems a bit dodgy, can be explained later.

I grab my coat and make my way to the grounds where I see dad and Virat Chachu practicing for the match later on in the day. What should I do? Okay. I guess I'll just say it.

"Hi dad, Hi uncle."

"Hi Natasha." They both say.

"What are you doing here?" Dad asks me curiously, taking off his sunglasses as he squints his eyes.

"Well I needed to talk to you." I give Virat Chachu a worried glance and he gets the plot.

"Hardik, I'll just be putting up the stumps. Take your time." He gives him a light pat on his back and heads away from us.

"Yeah?" Dad begins.

"Um... well - I ... I needed to tell you something."

"Yeah I know." Dad begins to laugh. "So..?"

"Err actually, Dad - I'm getting married."

Dad looks at me blank and then blinks away.

"Oh congrats." He says, with a brief smile, turning away to put on his gear.

"But there's a problem!" I say desperately, wanting him to not walk away from me.

"What?"

"Err..... mum doesn't want me to get married. I really love him, dad. But she - she says I need to finish my studies first."

Dad laughs sarcastically with a sigh. "What else can she do apart from controlling others' lives? She couldn't handle her own marriage yet has restrictions on others'"

Dad begins to mumble angrily and my smile turns into a frown.

"Yeh kya horaha hain? Dad toh Mum ki burayi karne main lag gaye?!" I mutter.

"So err... Dad! I really hoped if you could come to India and like, talk to her?" I look at him with hopeful eyes. His gaze freezes on me before he shakes his head as he faces away.

"Not possible, Natasha. I'm on a really tight schedule which -"

"Is your schedule more important than your daughter?"

Dad looks at me dumbstruck.

Okay then.

"Would your mum like you being called my daughter? I don't think so." He gives a faint smile.

"Dad please talk to mum. She's not letting me marry him. I'm so fed up of this life. It's like I'm a trapped bird." I don't even know what tangent I'm going off on but it seems to work as dad looks at me with a sympathetic expression.

"Okay. I'll talk to her."

I smile to myself but before he sees I go back to my sad look.

"Thanks dad." I say quietly and laugh to myself on the way back to my room.

"Amara Mehra and Hardik Pandya reunite!" I mumble to myself happily.

💗

HARDIK'S POV:

My hands are almost shaking as I dial Amara's number. It's been 20 years since I heard her voice. How am I going to talk to her?

My hands linger on the big green button before I throw my phone onto the bed in frustration.