Shubasha😉

"So for the first time people, Miss Natasha Pandya is joining us for a dressing room celebration!" Ritika Aunty says, holding my hand and bringing me to the front from where I was hiding. It's actually Natasha Mehra but whatever.

I am too scared to look around the room, in case I see Shubman. I don't even know where to look or what to do. Thank God Dad comes up and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Our Man of the match, come up here for a minute." Dad says.

OH FUCK.

I see Shubman come up right in front of me, but he doesn't even look at me once. He has a clear smile plastered across his face as he grins at my dad, pleased upon making him proud.

"So my child, and my other child..." dad starts, wrapping his other arm around Shubman. "I'm so proud of both of these stars. My other son Advait couldn't make it here sadly but we're all so happy for you, Shub."

Everyone claps as Virat Chachu joins my side.

"So today we're going to do a little celebration to celebrate Shubman's MOM, as we also have Natasha here with us." He says.

Can I actually leave?

"Dad... I feel sick." I say, tugging at his sleeve like a five year old.

"So suddenly? Are you okay?"

"Err... I'll just go outside for a minute." I fake.

"I'm coming with you." He says, holding my hand.

"No sir, I'll go with her. You please stay with the others." Shubman's voice sounds.

"Sure?" Dad asks worriedly.

Shubman nods as he walks in front of me, opening the door for me as I walk through it. He ensures it's fully shut as we are now outside.

He turns to face me as he folds his arms across his chest and looks at me with a displeased expression.

"Yeh kya tha? You actually feel sick or..."

Should I tell him? Come on, idiot. Just tell him.

"I want to say something."

"Okay..."

"I'm sorry."

YOU WERE MEANT TO SAY YOU LIKE HIM DUMBASS

"Whatever for?" He furrows his eyebrows, trying to make sense of my apology.

"You know what." I say quietly, looking down at my feet in embarrassment.

He suddenly realises and unfolds his arms, taking a step closer to me.

"If it's about Karan then, it's fine." He looks around. "I just thought you were different from those other girls but I guess..." he laughs although he really does hurt me with this.

"Shubman I - I just wanted to make you jealous." I blurt out.

Shubman looks dumbstruck as he hears this. "Sorry what?" He grins.

"Shubman I'm sorry." I break into sobs. "I didn't want to hurt you, I just wanted to make you jealous. Im not like those idiotic flirts please believe me." Tears slip down my cheeks.

"Arey, what's there to cry about it?" He asks gently, his hand lingering on my back. He's rather taken aback.

"Because I - I like you."

Okay this is the worst possible way to confess you like someone. I think I should be on the red carpet for being such a fucking genius. Well, not all confessions are like the ones you see in the movies.