Mum comes to the party

AMARA'S POV:

I think about what Natasha told me before she left for the party. She really wanted me to attend. Hardik did invite both of us, even my mum. But obviously my mum wasn't going to go, and neither was I - until now.

I've already upset my daughter multiple times, and she left with a really sad and small face. With a heavy heart, I decided to get ready and just go to the party for the last hour. I have to put the past, my ego, my hatred for Hardik behind and go for my daughter.

💗
HARDIK'S POV:

"Hey Hardik." A young woman comes up to me at the bar. I straighten up from where I'm standing. I look her up and down, and I must say - she was quite - fit. I shift my eyes back up to meet hers as she flicks her hair to the side.

She edges up to me, and places her hand on mine.

I immediately jerk my hand out of her grip and raise my eyebrows.

"Hi." I say, offering a hand to shake hers.

"So...I heard you were single." She begins seductively.

"I'm -"

"He's not."

What? Whose voice was that? I turn around to see fucking AMARA STANDING THERE.

What is she doing here? Oh my God, She came?! I can't deny I felt some strange excitement as seeing her in a long black dress, with a slit that exaggerated her curves, yet was modest enough to highlight her decency.

I shuffle away from the dumbstruck woman who tried hitting on me, as Amara came between us. The woman rolled her eyes and left with a drink in her hand.

Amara turns round and faces me, with the same look she gave the woman.

"I am... surprised to see you here." I say, tilting my head to try and comprehend why she came.

"Don't think I'm jealous. I just didn't want my daughter to see you with all these woman you flirt with and lose every single shred of respect she has for you." Amara hisses quietly.

I smile at her cruelty. "Care for a dance?" I ask, slightly drunk.

"Have you looked at your state? You're not fit enough to stand up straight." Amara takes my glass out of my hand and puts it down on the bar platform, making me sit down. She gives me some water, bringing me back to all my senses.

She sits next to me, without saying a word. I can't help but just observe her. How young she still looks even after so much time. It's like she hasn't changed at all.

"Can you stop staring?" She catches me.

"I must say you look beautiful."

She blushes and looks away with more of a worried face rather than happy. Amara; the epitome of awkwardness while undergoing public affection by me.

"Where's Natasha?" She says sharply. "I want to see her."

💗

NATASHA'S POV:

"Hi, may I know your name?" I ask the guy loudly who's actually really ugly, but he's better than nothing!