Kareena

"Excuse me?" I begin, quietly.

The rickshaw driver gets up and looks me up and down, raising one eyebrow. "Ji"

"Err... Thane?"

"500 rupees."

"Kuch bhi. 100 is good, if not I'll go." I mutter, walking away from the rickshaw. To my horror, the rickshaw driver grabs my wrist and stops me. Okay don't touch me-

I wriggle my wrist out of his but his grip is too tight. He is now snarling at me as I feel my eyes pricking with tears. I don't want to get molested.

Just then, a third hand appears in my view and the rickshaw driver gets pushed away from me. I smile to myself as I think I know who saved me.

"Tum aagaye?" I say, as the man turns around to face me, but my smile turns into a look of absolute shock and disappointment. No. It's not Shubman.

"Ved? Tum? Yaha?" I try and fake a laugh as he comes close to me and wraps his arms around my stomach. He doesn't respond but just smirks as I feel him trying to kiss my neck. I push his shoulders back while talking to create distance between us. Shit.

"Ved what are you doing? There are people here - Ved." I say, and he reluctantly lets go of me. I breathe heavily and straighten my dress as we move apart, which he notices.

"Baby, no call since 2 weeks. I was worried." He says like a little kid. "And where did you go dressed like this?" He bites his lower lip, and I fear his lustful intentions as he begins fiddling with the laces on my chest. "I hope you're not meeting anyone secretly." He pouts.

"No Ved, I'm not. I love you right?" I hug him quickly, but he doesn't waste this opportunity to grab my back and pull me closer to him. He was extremely dangerous. If I told him about Shubman nor would I escape, neither would Shubman.

"Why don't you come to my house?" He asks, making small circles on my stomach.

"No. I should go home."

"Babyyyy..."

"Ved are you drunk?" I smell the alcohol on his lips.

"Doesn't matter. Get into my car come on." He pulls me over to his car. Ved is rich; he has a driver sitting in the front. We both sit in the back and the whole journey to my house he touches me everywhere.

For him we may be dating but the truth is I'm not his girlfriend. I never was. He was just - just a tool for me which I used to get popular in school, which I used to get dad to talk to mum. Ved is merely a creepy, lusty and dirty guy.

I'm so glad my house reaches just in time as he begins to slip his hand inside my dress through the zip, but I quickly say bye and leave, before he can come after me. He waves, in a drunk way and I lock the door. I close my eyes and breathe a huge sigh of relief.

When I'm with Ved, he can force me into anything. I'm just that sort of person. Anyone can peer pressure me into anything, especially him.

💗 (DURING SHUBASHA'S DATE)

HARDIK'S POV:

"Hardik?" I hear a voice behind me as I sip my drink at my bedroom bar.

"Yes Avantika." I mumble without turning around, immediately recognizing her voice. After all these years I know her well.

"Look who's here to meet you." She says. I sense two pairs of feet coming up to me and I furrow my eyebrows tiredly as I turn around to see Avantika and her teenage daughter beside her.

"Kareena. You've grown so tall." I say, with a small smile before returning to my drink.

"Hi dad." She says, hugging me. I place my glass down and pat her on her back.