Seeing Shubman again

"Hello?"

"Why are you calling me at 2 in the morning?" Hardik replies grumpily. "You might not be sleepy, but I know I am."

"It's obviously something serious, isn't it?" I roll my eyes.

"Vaise, itni raat ko kar kya rahi ho?" He asks, and I immediately know despite not seeing him with my eyes, that he's smirking behind the phone.

"Can we get to the point if you're done with your dirty talks? Natasha is really upset. She's not talking to anyone and she didn't even have dinner."

"Kyun picche pade ho uske, let the girl breathe. She might not be hungry."

"Don't teach me about my daughter. I know her more than you do. She's upset. I don't need your confirmation on that. Just wondering if anything happened at the party?"

There's a pause before I hear his voice.

"Would be nice if you could respond in this generation?" I shake my head.

"I'm not sure. But yeah - she seems upset since the party. I'll ask Advait tomorrow."

"Okay. Please do."

"Now that you've disturbed my much needed sleep for a mere 3 minutes 36 seconds, tell me more."

"Kya? I haven't called to check on you"

"Amara when are you going to shed this attitude?" His voice becomes strained.

I push the phone further to my ear and I hear him breathless.

"What have you been doing to make you so tired?" I ask suspiciously.

"What's that got to do with you?"

I sit up in my bed as I try and make sense of what's happening there.

"Can you stop? It's weird." I say, cringing at him.

"Are you dumb? I just climbed 3 sets of stairs to reach my bedroom. Who's the dumb one now?"

"So you weren't in your bedroom?"

"No, I didn't want to disturb anyone."

"Oh o... wait - who's in your bedroom?"

"Me...."

"And?"

"Myself... and I." Hardik bursts into laughter. I scowl.

"Hardik it's been 20 years. And you're still the same." I sigh and cut the call. Anyway, what do I care.

Hardik back in his bedroom strokes his sleeping dog, Coco.

"Wouldn't want to wake you up, buddy."

Hardik smirks to himself as he realises he made Amara jealous. "So she still has feelings for me? Tough luck." He smiles to himself and goes to sleep.

💗

"Wow, that's such a cool frame." Advait looks around the Mehra house with sheer curiosity.

"Advait?!" I blink and try to make sense of how my son is here. "How did you..."

"Dad's here. He said Natasha is sad."

"Hm.. she is. Why don't you do one thing? Go and see how she is in her room."

Advait nods.

NATASHA'S POV:

I'm sitting at my desk, trying to read the minuscule writing in my textbook when I suddenly see Advait enter and shut the door behind me.

"Advait, hi!" I get up and say excitedly.

"Tum mujhse baat hi mat karo." He says bluntly.

"What happened ?" I ask confused.

"I should be asking you that. What happened at the party?"

"Kuch nahi?"

"Accha?" He nods sarcastically. "What happened between you and Shubman?"

"Advait, I need to get ready for college, please leave."

"Natasha, stop avoiding my question."

I look away as Advait keeps trying to talk about him.

"I don't want to talk about him."

"Listen, If you're mad about that girl hitting on him then that's understandable, but that's not his fault!"

"Advait, you don't owe me an explanation. Me and Shubman sorted it out between ourselves."

"Sorted it out? You aren't a couple to sort it out though?"

Thats it. He caught me.

"Here are the tickets for the match tomorrow. Shubman's batting, number four. And you're coming." Advait thrusts the ticket into my hand.

"And come alone - your friend was annoying all my friends at the last match when you went somewhere apparently, that's what they told me."

I chuckle slightly, but feel happy that I'll have another opportunity to see Shubman again, without Falguni.