Advait saves Natasha

HARDIK'S POV:

"So how's Advait doing nowadays?" KL asks me as we sit ourselves face to face.

"Kal hi toh dekha tha usse practice mein, right?" I laugh.

He doesn't reciprocate. KL leans in to me and begins in a low voice.

"Harry, don't you think you're not giving him enough attention?"

I shake my head and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Matlab?"

"Mate, you didn't even go to his graduation ceremony last week. What's going on?"

I look away and lean back in my seat, looking anywhere but at KL. Perhaps he's right, but I don't feel so at this moment. I don't want to feel so.

"I was busy okay." I say, frowning.

"Kya busy? It was -"

"Lo, can we talk about something else other than my parenting which everyone finds bad for some reason?"

"Look, I don't know what's gotten into you, but you have to stop neglecting your kids."

I look at him suddenly. "Kids? Plural?" I lean in this time.

KL sighs. "I know your daughter is here." He says quietly.

"Of course." I mutter sarcastically pouring myself a drink, taking a gulp and looking away. I'm slouching in my seat, not giving a fuck about anyone who looked at me.

"I don't want to tell you how to parent, but I would suggest you at least show some kind of enthusiasm towards her."

I decide I've had enough of KL's lecture. He is my good friend but I just need to zone out. I feel slightly high, slightly rebellious. Like I could do anything right now.

As I get up I bump into two girls.

"Hi... dad." Natasha says, fiddling her thumbs.

"Hi." I say, faking the excitement in my voice which is really obvious. I shoot KL a sarcastic smile as I want to show him my 'enthusiasm' towards my daughter. It was his advice, right?

KL holds Ziva's hand as they walk away from us.

"Come, Sit." I tap my hand on the table where we were sitting previously and Natasha follows suit.

She sits down nervously in front of me as she sees me eye her, with my glass in one hand. I freeze on her face, staring into her eyes. It's unbelievable how similar she looks to her mum; I almost feel like I'm looking at Amara. My smile lessens as all those previous memories of our divorce come back to me, looking at Natasha.

She shuffles in her seat slightly uncomfortably.

"So er..." I break the silence as I sit up and look around. "Do you want a drink? How old are you? Can you?" I ask her, holding up my glass.

She gulps as I watch her intently.

"S...sure." She says, asking the waiter to come over to her. I don't take my eyes off her as I watch her tell him to pour her a drink.

"Cheers." I clink my glass against hers and take a gulp, not taking my eyes off her. She is meanwhile staring into her glass with both her hands cupped around the glass.

She picks up her glass and takes an extremely small sip. She looks away to hide her expression upon the bitter taste.

"Just like your mother." I mumble, looking down at my drink.

"Pardon?" She looks at me confused.

"Nothing, did you want to say something?" I take out my phone out of my pocket as I begin texting someone.