Sick but safe

It's 1 am and Amara can't sleep, so decides to go for a walk around her floor.

As she approaches Hardik's room she expects it to be quiet and dark however there are multicolored lights coming from inside and music at a low volume.

Being the shy and introverted girl she is, Amara decides to go back to her room, not wanting to be awkward.

However the door opens and she sees Virat in the doorway.

"Hey, do you need something? We heard you at the door"

"Oh... no I just wanted to see -"

"Hardik?"

"No. I saw lights so..."

"We're having a party to celebrate yesterday's win. Please join!" Jasprit jumped up next to Virat.

"Yeah, we'd love it!" Rohit came.

"Yeah we would !" Yuzi exclaimed.

They all laughed.

She blushed. "Err... Okay." She really didn't want to go but she didn't want to expose her shy personality to the team.

Amara entered the room to many more cricketers and other people, surprisingly she also saw Shefali and Tara, Shefali was as usual next to a guy.

Three guesses who.

Hardik obviously.

Amara didn't dare look at him, his eyes intimidated her, although she somehow desperately wanted to see his face looking at hers. She sensed him watching her.

"Hey Amara!!!! I thought you hated parties." Shefali got up and looked at Amara in shock.

Hardik looked across from Shefali to Amara.

"Not a big fan of them."

"Y'all can stay here, I need to see Ravi Sir right now, anyone want to come?" Virat jumped up from his seat.

"We'll come." MS, Virat and Rohit went with him to see him.

Only the youngsters and the girls were left.

"time for the alcoholllllll!" Hardik said sneakily, teaching into his bag and taking out beer bottles, one in each hand.

"Pass, bro" Jasprit waved at him.

"Tere green tea ka kya hua mister?" Yuzi does a funny hand gesture.

Hardik simply smiles as he takes a gulp.

"Want one?" Hardik asks Amara.

Amara was in a conundrum. She didn't want Hardik to think she was one of them party poopers so she shocks herself as she agrees.

"Sure."

Hardik throws her a bottle in a typical cricket style.

Amara fumbles but catches it. She becomes hesitant, and quickly gulps it. It takes like medicine, but somehow she gets a weird buzz.

"Guys, I have to go. Sorry, you guys carry on." Amara gets up quickly.

She suddenly gets a pang of nausea and feels like she has to throw up. She tries breathing heavily but she still feels sick.