Party at Dad's

I pat down my hair one last time before I get down from the car dad sent to drop me to his house. I have tingling limbs as this is the first time I'm going to dad's house with all these big people from the cricketing fraternity and even bollywood. My first ever time in these past 20 years at my dad's house too. The last time I was here was when I was 6 months old.

Tonight was the party to celebrate the win yesterday at my dad's house. I'm slightly late as I spent ages deciding just what I was going to wear! Thank God for dad's manager, who took me shopping today for a dress.

I step out of the car in my heels which are already pricking the ends of my toes but I had to do it for the aesthetics. I make my way past the media, trying to avoid the cameras and questions, as well as the interrogative interviewers just waiting to hunt me down after all these years.

As I enter the beautiful mansion, my eyes flutter around, not knowing where to look; at the gorgeously famous people in front of me, or at the interior.

This house is technically mine!? I have a hard time believing this.

I'm lost in my own thoughts when two fingers click in front of me.

"Advait?" I exclaim with a smile, hugging him quickly.

"How are you?" He asks me, pulling back.

"Good." I nod.

"You've come alone?" He asks, looking behind me.

"Who else would I come with?" I ask surprised.

"Koi date wate... oh sorry. I forgot you're a science student-" he waits for my outburst with a hilarious expression.

"Um Excuse me!!!! Who said science students can't have a date?!" I place my hand on my hips as my mouth drops open.

"If you need introducing to anyone just let me know." He winks as I laugh.

"I don't know anyone here though. Where's dad?" I look around and see people watching me as they've probably never seen me before either.

"He just went outside to meet the media. He'll be back in some time. Why don't you come with me and my friends. We're in the garden playing cricket."

I laugh. "You all just need a bat and ball to get started don't you? I'm okay. I'll just wait here. Is Ziva coming?" I suddenly realise I have a friend my age I met in Australia.

"No, she has an exam tomorrow."

"Urgh. How boring." I sigh.

"Just come! Trust me it'll be fun."

I suddenly straighten up. "Wait, who are your friends, exactly?"

"There's Prithvi, Abhi - Abhishek Sharma that is, Shubm-"

"Chalo phir!" I jump up excitedly.

"Just a minute ago you were saying no?!" Advait laughs, confused.

"I mean, mujhe itnaaa pasand nahi hai cricket. But if you're insisting so much then I guess-" I try to look bored but upon hearing Shubman's name I agree immediately. We make our way to the garden and I see the boys all laughing around, joking and playing cricket.

"Y'all." Advait grabs everybody's attention and the whole group, even the few girls watching them flirtatiously turn towards us. I've never been used to this much attention in my life.

The girls watch jealously as they think I'm Advait's girlfriend or something.

Suddenly, my eyes land on Shubman whom I've been trying to find for so long. We smile at each other warmly, almost like a smile of relief. Although he's surrounded by his group of friends he still looks in my direction. I can feel his gaze fixed on me as I say hi to everyone.

"This is my sister, Natasha." Advait says with a lace of pride aligning his voice. I look up at Advait with a small smile, happy that he addressed me as his sister. I actually feel he is my brother now - officially.

"Hi Natasha." Shubman comes up to me and I shake his hand.

"Do you guys like know each other or something?" Advait looks at us.

"Yeah, he's my - friend." I say.

"Accha?" Advait asks suspiciously, a smile drawing on his mouth. Shubman and I stiffen up slightly and we twiddle our fingers awkwardly.

Oh my god not now. ADVAIT I WILL ACTUALLY KILL YOU.

"Shubman, you never told me you had a girlfriend?" Advait adds to the intensity, a smirk dancing on his face. He leans against the drinks bar and watches us in pure enjoyment.

"Yaar - Tum.." Shubman being the shy one just leaves us and joins his friends again. I know Shubman's still smiling because I know I am.

"Advait what the heck?" I go up to my brother.

"You liked that didn't you? Why don't you just make it official instead of making it one of those saas-bahu dramas?" Advait has hit the bull's eye.

"Who said I like him?!"

"You blithering idiot. It's written all over your face. Nobody smiles that shyly when they see someone."

"I do."

"NaTasHa has a cRush." Advait teases me, pulling my cheeks.

"Oh my god I don't!" I decide to leave a laughing Advait and sit on a chair in the gazebo. I help myself to a Coke.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah?" I look up at where a female voice came from.

"If you don't mind, could you please get Advait to talk to me?.See I reallyyyy like him, and what's better than his sister to do the deed?" The helplessly flirty girl in a dress that is too vulgar to even imagine sits next to me. She pouts at me which makes me want to puke. I shuffle to make some distance between us but suddenly I get an idea.

Advait, I'm going to get you back for this. I mentally laugh and continue this drama.

"Of course! Come, I'll make him talk to you." I smirk as I bring her to where Advait and Shubman are talking. Advait turns around as Shubman looks like he's seen a ghost. Perhaps they know this girl beforehand.

"Hiiii Advait. Guess what? This is..." I look at the girl.

"Akansha." She says seductively, twirling her hair in her fingers. I cringe mentally at how ditsy she is.

"Akansha." I repeat. "Why don't you guys hang out for a bit. Shubman and I will get some drinks, alright?" I try so so hard not to laugh but I'm so proud of myself. I wish I could take a picture of Advait's face!!! Oh God how shocked and bored he looked.

Shubman and I go to the corner and laugh, letting out what we've been holding in for the whole conversation.

"God, that's the worst girl you could have chosen out of the entire lot! Bichara." Shubman runs a finger through his eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you even know how big of a flirt that girl is? She's super cringy. Actually there are plenty of them around here." He whispers the last bit, looking around cautiously.

"Urgh damn it! There's one coming here! Hide me." Shubman tries to look like he hasn't seen her however she literally pushes in between us and runs a finger down his face.

"Hi Shoobie! Remember me? We met at Virat's birthday bash?" She says in a sultry way.

"Err.. yeah-" he begins with a hesitant laugh.

I scowl at how close she is to Shubman. He obviously looks uncomfortable, but he still manages a smile. I fold my arms across my chest and fixate my angry glare on the back of that girl's hair. When she starts draping her arms around his neck I lose my patience. Why isn't he saying anything?!

"He could back off? He could politely refuse?! But no. What else could I expect? He's one of those youngsters who enjoy the fame and all these girls sticking to him like fucking magnets." I walk off, leaving the duo.

I go indoors and go up to the balcony where there isn't anyone. I lean over the railing as I feel the cold air blowing across my face. Just then, I see a random guy who's come to smoke on the balcony.

"I think I have an idea." I smirk to myself as I walk towards him.