A surrrrprise

"Chalo fast!!! Thoda jaldi karo na." Some aunty says to the poor henna artist who's twisting her wrists like crazy to get the henna done quickly. Everyone's in such a rush to get ready for the sangeet.

"What are you all doing out on the sun beds? Come on - hurry up and get changed! The sangeet starts in 2 hours!

There's going to be song, dance and bollywood acts from some of the famous stars that are coming, like Ranbir Kapoor, Vicky Kaushal, Katrina Kaif and Ranveer Singh! There's going to be many more at the actual wedding though.

💗

I was so excited for this, but right now I'm sitting in a corner in my bedroom rather dull with my head in my hands. I watch everyone run around to get changed and ready for the events through the large window. I'm not even happy anymore as Shubman isn't here. It's no fun going to a huge cricket wedding if the don of cricket for me isn't here.

"Natasha tum-" Ziva walks into the room hastily, trying to zip up her back of the blouse but her mouth drops as she sees me.

"Dude why the hell are you not ready yet!?"

"Mood nahi hai." I mumble.

"What rubbish? Come on - wear this awesome lehenga. Sara selected this specially for you. She said Shubman loves the color pink so-" she trails off as she sits beside me, realizing why I'm sad.

"Hey, he'll come here soon." She squeezes my hand I try to smile at her efforts although it doesn't really make a difference. Oh well, it's moral support.

"Ladies, are you d- OH SHIT!" Advait opens the door but turns away as he sees Ziva with an open back.

"Advait Pandya, I don't smell any manners around here!!!????" Ziva says and I laugh at their awesome camaraderie.

"Oy Nat! I wanted to tell you that mum's called you to the room next door."

"Oh really?" I get up immediately and make my way over to the door.

"I hope this isn't an excuse so you two can get off in here?" I smile cheekily.

"Jao." Advait pushes me out of the room lightly and I laugh.

I look around the room and wait 5 minutes. "Mum?" I call out. "Anyone here??" I ask, looking in the bathroom for mum. Advait better not be making this up so he and Ziva can have fun in there. I shake my head and am just about to go when something grabs my wrists and I scream.

"BOOOO!"

"ARGHHHHHH!"

"Shushhhh its only me!" A hand covers my mouth as I realise I've fallen back on the bed, with Shubman on top of me, covering my mouth to make my scream muffled. He laughs at my wide eyes.

He takes his hand off cautiously so I don't scream again.

"The whole of Maldives must have heard that bro." He laughs.

"What. The. Fuck." I say, trying so hard not to squeal like a pig. I push Shubman off me and I sit up as he lies back comfortably on the bed, looking at me.

"When did you get here?" I laugh.

"Like an hour ago." He yawns.

Awhhhhhh. That was so adorable!

"You tired?" I ask, running my hand across his stomach lovingly.

"Kyun? Kya iraade hain?" He sits up on his elbows and winks.

I roll my eyes and get up, fixing my lehenga, but the dupatta part kind of slips off. I face the mirror and hold a safety pin in my mouth as I sort myself out. Now I'm gonna be the best looking person at the sangeet.

I smile at Shubman watching me in awe, and I feel my stomach drop in excitement as I see him walk up to me.

I feel a sensational feeling as he fiddles with my blouse strings at the back and I see him smirk as he undoes it, tickling me with his fingers in the bare space.

"Shub, stop it." I say through laughs, turning around to see if the door's locked.

"Now do it up." I instruct, turning around so my back faces him. I look over my shoulder but he's looking at me with a smile. He doesn't seem to be in the mood to get dressed.

"If there's anything to undo, I'll do that." He folds his arms and says stubbornly.

"You better tie that up before I undo my relationship with you."

"Accha? And if I don't tie it up then..."

"Then... I'll resign as Shubman Gill's girlfriend."

"Sure. Then you can apply for Shubman Gill's wife." He winks.

"Hmm.. pretty smart huh?" I fold my arms too, but my arms are like sticks in front of his guns.

We both jump slightly as we hear a knock on the door.

"Shubman! Natasha! We both know what you're up to in there but Ziva's sangeet starts in 10 minutes. So hurry up and get your guilty asses out here. Oh yeah - and do tell us how you liked the surprise." Abhi voice is heard from behind the locked door.

"So this was all planned?! Abhi knew when you were coming."

"Abhi and Advait are the best wingmen." Shubman laughs.

I shake my head. They are though, I can't disagree.

"Shub now please tie this up!" I say desperately.

"Hmmm...." He pretends to think a lot.

"You idiot. Itna dimaag kabhi board exam main nahi lagaya hoga." I say.

He squeals out in laughter. "Fine, but on one condition."

"Oh God don't be that person who says 'pehle ek kiss'"

He clicks his tongue. "No mate. Who do you think I am, Shah Rukh Khan?" Shubman says. "My condition is - you have to wear that white dress we bought together at the mall at the campfire dinner this evening." He says.

"And is that a dare?" I straighten up, trying not to accept the fact that I'm going to have to muster some real courage up for this.

"Consider it to be." Shubman winks.

"That backless one?"

"That backless one." He nods.

Shit no.

"My mum's going to be there."

"Uh Uh - are you going to back down from my dare??"

I hate giving in, and you know what? So what if it's backless? It's only a dress. I'll wear it for a bit and I'll change before Mum sees it.

"Fine." I accept his challenge.

"Dekh lena." He nods once, turning me around and tying up the laces.

"You're welcome." He says cheekily before I can say thank you and leaves the room to get ready.