Avantika's shocking statement

SHUBMAN'S POV:

I'm really excited for the date today. Even though we didn't call it a date, it's dinner and then my house. I bite my lip upon recalling her reaction when I suggested we went home afterwards.

I brush my hair upwards neatly as I stare into the mirror, straightening my black button up shirt rolled up to my elbows, paired with my white casual trousers. I slip on my Gucci sneakers and put my keys and wallet into my pocket after spraying myself with some perfume.

A smile appears on my face as I gleam into the mirror, taking a quick selfie. Selfie toh banti hain, right?

"Shubman, help me w- woah where are you going?" Shahneel comes up to me as I come down the stairs.

"Guess?" I smirk.

"Don't tell me? A date???" She cups her face in excitement and straightens my collar.

"Wow. First proper date huh? Name?"

"It's Hardik sir's daughter."

"Your mentor's daughter?! Smooth, Shubmu." She claps her hands sarcastically and laughs  and I roll my eyes with a smile.

"So?"

"Arey nothing. I'm just joking. Enjoy your date with Kareena."

"Kya? Her name's Natasha, not Kareena." I chuckle but Shahneel's gone back to her work.

I shut the door behind me as I grab my lamborghini car key from my pocket and lift the door upwards to get in.

NATASHA'S POV:

"Oh God, I hope we aren't too late?!" Avantika aunty looks out of the window as she sees my house approaching.

"Aunty you said once we reach you'll tell me, could you please-"

She sighs as I fiddle with my fingers, wishing she would just hurry up.

"Okay. Here it goes." She begins, looking at her hands. "Shubman Gill. Yes he's a passionate, thriving cricketer who's hungry for success. Yes, he has all the qualities that make many girls fall at his feet. Including you." She points a finger at me as I gulp.

"But..."

"But what?"

"But he is a celebrity after all. And being a celebrity comes with all sorts of twists and turns, and I can tell you being surrounded by them so often - he has a very mischievous love life, darling." Her eyeliner seems to pierce me as she says this. I don't even want to guess what she means to say.

"So you're trying to say he's cheating on me?"

"No. The opposite. He's cheating on someone else with you. He's in a relationship with more than one woman. You're just an infatuation to him. His heart is somewhere else." She says with a tinge of cruelty.

I don't know what's worse. Being cheated on or being cheated with. Both are horrible. Whatever, I don't believe this one bit. Shubman can never do that. He's too shy.

"I'm sorry I just - I think you've mixed this up with someone else. Shub can't do that. He's not like that." I shake my head in refusal.

"Shub." She smirks at my nickname for him. "That's what his ex called him. Well, still does."

I only get more and more hesitant now. This woman seems to know more about Shubman than me right now.

"What was her name?" I ask, frightened.

"That's not important." She smiles. "At least you know how he is now. But - it's Kareena if you're desperate to know."