First time

Somehow, Amara managed to get through the day, although rather impatiently. It was finally 6pm and she laughed alone in the bathroom as she finished her makeup and hair.

"Are you going somewhere?" Shefali peeped through the opening in the door with a curious smile.

"Umm... Yeah - just the grocery store."

"You look like you're trying to woo the shopkeeper with that bright red lipstick." She chuckles. "Just kidding, you look gorgeous. No harm in being a lil glam."

Amara smiles. She was trying to woo someone, but not a shopkeeper. Hardik.

Amara you've literally turned into a second Shefali.

She facepalms herself but quickly pats down her hair and makes her way to the garden.

She looks around, however there's no one to be seen.

She waits patiently, picking up the ball from the stand and throws it around.

"Hm, it's 6:23?" She says to herself. She dejectedly throws the ball in anger and turns to go. "I should have known better. It's Hardik Pandya. What did you think?" She says to herself, mumbling angrily as she walks to the gate.

Just as she was about to open the gate, she feels a hand grab her wrist.

The same feeling of electricity runs through her body. Her cold cheeks warm up as the current-like feeling circulates throughout her stomach.
Amara turns on her heel to see who it was.

Hardik's face bore a one sided smile which Amara adored, amused at how he caught her and now stood in front of her.

"Hey."

Amara waves with a smile.

"Sorry I was a bit late..." Hardik checks his watch and presses his lips together inwards, clearly embarrassed.

"A bit?" Amara says. "Anyway, you're forgiven." She does a hair flick.

"Now back to business."

"Are you sure you're not trying to become a cricketer yourself, Amara?" Hardik takes her seriousness seriously.

"Maybe"

Hardik shakes his head and picks up the ball.

"Vaise tumhe na, thoda fit hone ki zaroorat hai." He says.

"Are you saying I'm fat?" Amara looks at him wide-eyed.

"Arey no yaar, maybe we need to have a gym sesh together..." He says slowly.

Amara looks at him with an smile creeping on her face. "Hmm..."

"Anyways So..." She begins. "How do I hold this?"

"Cup both your hands around it and firstly twist it around, getting rid of any excess moisture."

Amara does as he says, hoping that he'd hold her hand again to show her next, however he still stands beside her, rather than with her, however with bowling you can't exactly do that.

"Can we just practice batting?" Amara drops the ball, breathless.

"You know how to bat now!"

"But I need more help."

"With?"

"Like, I need you to show me how to hold the bat again."

"Do you have the attention span of a squirrel?"

"Hardik! I'm serious. I forgot." Amara looks down at her hands and sulks.

"Okay fine. So put your right hand on the bottom, like that."

Why isn't he holding it with me?

"I need you to physically show me."

"Show you what?" Hardik smirks.

"Hardik you prick." Amara drops the bat with a thud and walks over to the gate with a crossed expression painted across her face.

Suddenly, a pair of arms grab her and pull her into them.

Hardik's hands clutch Amara's wrist so she can't move, making her close her eyes as he strokes her arm up and down with two fingers. Amara's breathing is the only thing that can be heard in the calm wind blowing through their hair. Her loose strands fly across Hardik's face.

"You don't need this, you want it."

Amara is too occupied with this overwhelming feeling than to feel embarrased at him finding out why she wanted practice.

He worked it out. He knew she liked it. He knew what she wanted; He wanted it too.

She feels like her legs are going to give way if his skin continues touching her, if his fingers keep gliding across her arms. She falls back deeper into his chest, her back supported by it. Her eyes are still closed, as Hardik now reaches his hands up into her sleeves of her t-shirt and begins squeezing her shoulders while his lips run up and down her neck.

A slight moan escapes Amara's lips as she can't stand this any longer, causing her to swirl round and hug him. The purest, longest hug she has ever given anyone. Her head sits comfortably in the crook of his neck.

"I love you." She whispers.

"Look at me." He says, pushing up her chin so they're facing each other.

"I've always loved you." He says, placing his hands on her waist, pulling her closer to him. "Ever since the first time I saw you. But you hated me I guess." He rolls his eyes and laughs.

"When are you ever serious, Hardik?" Amara chuckles, enjoying the warmth of him.

"Like now maybe?"

"I'm sorry." Amara says quietly. She hugs him tighter and Hardik moves slightly backwards from the force of her flying into him. He laughs. "I love you Amara."

"I know you can't get enough of me, but I have a meeting with the boys now. I'll see you soon." He winks, while Amara pushes him playfully.

"Take your time." She laughs, as he waves and disappears.