One bedroom, two people

"TUM?!?!" Natasha screams as she sees Shubman standing in front of her, eating cheetos.

"What the hell?" Shubman looks at her then to the side. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that! And - and why have you locked the door?!" Natasha asks scared.

"What?!?! I didn't lock no door!" Shubman is furious at all these accusations. He runs up to the wooden oak door and tries opening it but it's stuck tightly.

Natasha folds her arms and looks away from Shubman. She does not wish to talk to him at all.

"Ab kya kare?" Shubman asks as he takes a seat on the bed while Natasha paces back and forth in front of him. He watches her move frustratedly.

"Cheetos khao na aur. Oh - maybe we should watch a movie, no? Oh and we can have a little sleepover!" Natasha says sarcastically, continuing to walk angrily around the room.

"Madam. We're in here a while. Take a seat." Shubman looks at her like a student in detention.

"Who said? I'll call Advait right now and - OH SHIT."

The lights go off and it's pitch black.

"Shubman!!!!????" Natasha's voice shakes. "Where are you?!"

Shubman puts on his phone torch and shines it in her direction. "Chill." He says in a low voice. "No need to be so over dramatic. Lights gaye hai, not the sun."

"Yeah yeah, this all must be over dramatic for you. You won't understand how scared I am of the dark. I hate locked rooms. It makes me all claustrophobic." Natasha's voice makes it apparent to Shubman that she's crying. His smile vanishes as he walks over to her. "You cricketers don't respect that people have actual phobias of things." She sobs.

"Are you - seriously crying?!" He asks, trying not to laugh. Natasha sinks to the floor and wipes her tears as she rocks into a human ball. Shubman sits down next to her.

"Ssh. I'm here." He says comfortingly. To his surprise, a vulnerable Natasha who has a phobia of locked rooms and darkness rests her head on his shoulder and snuggles closer to him. Shubman is taken aback. How much of a change can happen to a person when they are so vulnerable.

He pulls her closer into his chest and they share a warm hug. Natasha's stops crying and wraps her arms around him. Suddenly, the lights come on and Shubman shuffles slightly, realizing they've been hugging for the last 4 odd minutes.

Natasha realises next, however stays as she quite likes being in this space with him although Shubman pulls back. Natasha begins tucking her hair behind her ear and looking down. They both get up instantly and create some distance between themselves.

"I'm not that scared of the dark." Natasha says quietly, still looking down.

"Definitely. I can see that." He places his hands on his hips, just to hear something fall off his shirt.

An earring. He bends down to pick it up and tosses a glance towards Natasha who is going to sit on the bed.

"This is yours." He says, forwarding his hand as he picks it up while Natasha smiles. "Pehnao ge nahi?"

"Yaha pe mirror bhi hai." He says, putting his hands into his pockets and looks around as Natasha's smile disappears. Okay. He's still hurt. Extremely hurt.

Natasha takes the earring from him but doesn't put it in. She takes the other one out and puts them safely into her handbag. She and Shubman exchange glances before looking away from each other again.