Enemies?

Beep beep.

Hardik checks his phone to see "Amara" displayed on the screen. What on earth is she calling for now?

"Hello?" Amara asks.

"Hi." Hardik says firmly.

"Err... it's been 5 hours and Natasha hasn't come home yet. I was wondering whether she's at yours?"

Hardik straightens up. "No? Why would she be here?" He waits to see Amara's reaction.

"Well, is Advait at home?"

"He's gone to practice. He's definitely not with her."

"Okay. Her phone is switched off too, I'm getting a bit worried." Amara says worriedly, and Hardik senses this, reciprocating her feelings. He instantly regrets saying what he said, but it really wasn't intentional. His anger for something else was just vented out on her. Shit.

"Hardik? You there?" Amara asks after a terribly long silence.

"What a shame? Now you can't take care of your own daughter?" Hardik suddenly says out of nowhere.

"What can I do? She's under your influence nowadays. Going to these parties your son goes to, going out, eating out - she's picked up your despicable lifestyle." Amara says angrily.

"Well learn to handle your own child then." Hardik has had enough and ends the call, however his concern for Natasha doesn't end. However detached he makes their relationship seem, he is her father after all.

💗

NATASHA'S POV:

I enter the pitch where the boys are practicing. I realise I'm the only non cricketer there, making me feel slightly out of place. But no. I have to speak to Shubman today at any cost.

"Arey! Bhabi aagayi." Abhi says, nudging Shubman as he sees me walking into the pitch.

Shubman casts an angry glare at his best friend, but soon realises he's right. He quickly looks away and begins batting again, completely acting as if he hasn't seen me.

"Shubman, isn't that your girlfriend?" Manjot says, pointing towards me.

"We're here to practice, not watch girls." Shubman says rolling his eyes. "And what is this girlfriend, bhabi - her name's Natasha. Use that."

"Lagta hai iss bande ka patch up nahi hua." Abhi mutters sadly.

"What?!" Shubman cocks an ear. But I arrive just in time to save Abhi from responding.

"Hi Abhi." I say, and he shakes my hand. "Nice to see you here, Natasha! Here to meet Shubman?"

"Err - yeah I guess."

"Shub come here." Abhi goes to call him.

"Tell her I don't want to talk to her." He shrugs Abhi off his arm.

"Tu chal. Excuse me haan, one minute sir." Abhi and Shubman come up to me and Abhi leaves us with a smile on his face.

Shub refuses to even look at me, but stands with his arms folded as he waits for me to start speaking.