Mehendi

"Yes mum, I have reached, yes. Yes everything is fine. Don't worry." Amara holds the phone against her ear with her shoulder, while wiping her henna covered hands with a towel as she is preparing the henna cones in the morning before she does it on the guests.

She opens her door and is walking to Tara's room to show her something. She is still talking to her mum on the phone on the way.

"Yeah, I've gelled with everyone. Everyone's really nice here and I..." Amara's voice trails off as she bumps into someone.

"Hey." Hardik waves. "So we meet again😉"

Amara's smile disappears.
"Mum I'll call you later yeah? Love you, bye."

"I'm so honoured you find me nice."

"I wasn't talking about you."

"Oh I'm sure you were" he winks

"I really wasn't" Amara rolls her eyes and tries to get past him but he quickly moves to block her. She tries again on the other side.

"Dekho, mujhe tumhare saat baat karne main koyi interest nahi hai, so it's better if you leave me alone."

"But main hoon na interested!"

"Hardik tum....!" Amara trails off as she realised she just said his first name.

Hardik looks at her in shock, with a huge smile on his face.

He clears his throat. "Um - did I hear you say.. my name?" He squints his eyes and moves his face closer to hers.

"Any problem?" Amara stutters.

"No I mean, aap ke mooh se accha lagta hai"

Amara cringes and pushes past him.

"stupid guy" she mumbles.

~💗~

Amara and five other girls were helping Tara get ready for the mehendi, and they all giggled looking at the mirror.

"Mom what bangles should I wear with this?" Tara asks.

"Tara wait now, I need to put one of the boy's kurta's in the next room."

"Aunty let me do it." Amara offers.

"Oh thanks dear, it's the room in front of the staircase."

Amara makes her way over to the room and knocks.

She knocks again as there is no response, and waits patiently, but finally decides to just go in and put it on the bed.

She opens the door quickly - and what a sight!!

"ARRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!" She screams, dropping the Kurta.

It was Hardik!

And not just that - but he was standing just in a towel. Shirtless.

Amara turns around quickly and places a hand on the door for support, literally panting.

"Oh my Jesus what the fuck" he turns round quickly at Amara's scream.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Hardik laughs and comes near her.

Amara who still is facing away from him turns around quickly and looks at him, still gasping for breath.

She backs against the wall, while Hardik keeps coming towards her until her back hits the wall.

She jumps as Hardik slams a hand beside her head.

"You know, people say I'm a rebel, wastrel and a kamina." He whispers, their faces centimeters away from touching.

Amara is still scared, as she breaths heavily.

He smells good though

"And I'm exactly like that." He winks and starts laughing hysterically.

Amara doesn't understand what's so funny.

Amara can't help but run her eyes down over his bare chest, and the tattoos on his body as he is so near her. She is obliged to look in awe at his abs and perfect lean physique, although his muscular arm beside her head seemed imposing at first, somehow she felt good.

Suddenly, a commotion of people outside could be heard and Hardik quickly moves away.

He grabs a tee and wriggles it on.

"Kya hua bhai?" Rohit enters the room along with the others.

"Who is screaming?"

"Is everything okay"

"What happened?"

"Oh, nothing I just -" Amara begins, glancing at Hardik who is still smirking cheekily, obviously waiting for her to make up something.

You can't say because he was shirtless Amara! Think of something

"Err - I saw a cockroach."

Hardik seems amusingly impressed with her answer, enjoying this a lot.

Everyone started laughing.

"You're sure Hardik wasn't the cockroach?" Jasprit exclaims.

"Arey nahi. Hardik actually saved me from it." I say through gritted teeth.

"Wah bhai" virat smiles. "Chalo fir, and Harry - pant pehen!" He pats Hardik on his hair.

Everyone leaves and so does Amara, trying to escape without further conversation.

"Excuse me, ma'am!!!" Hardik grabs her wrist.

"Why the hell are you touching me!? What do you want?"

"Your name perhaps." He says boldly.

Don't tell him

Just don't

"Amara." She says, and walks off.

Well you just had to bullshit there didn't you Amara.