Misbehaviour

"Dad..." Advait says awkwardly, upon interrupting the duo.

"Advait." Hardik begins huskily, his low voice full of gloom. "How many times have I said not to disturb me when I'm with someone?" He sighs, turning back to the bar table and having a sip.

"It's okay, Hardik. He's only a child." Avantika says sweetly, not taking her eyes off Advait, although her stone cold eyes say something else.

"KL Chachu was looking for you." He says, not meeting his dad's or Avantika's eyes. He leaves them, upset upon his dad's telling off, although he was used to his frequent neglect by now.

NATASHA'S POV:

"Ouch!" I whine suddenly as a foot steps on mine.

"Dekh kar nahi chal s.. oh - it's you." A grumbly voice sounds, as I find myself staring angrily at a teenage boy. However my angry look transitions rapidly to a puzzled expression as i realise who it is.

"Advait..." I say.

"How do you know my name?" He says rudely.

I feel like someone's slapped me across the face, how insulting was this boy! Yesterday he seemed fine. He was all sweet and polite, today what happened? I can't believe he is my brother. Mum would never stand him like this in our house.

"Perhaps if you had a better pair of eyes and some manners this wouldn't have happened." I blurt, knowing I shouldn't have.

He could have almost punched me then and there; his reddening face scares me, as he looks over me due to his height. He walks past me, eyeing me like a hungry lion ready to attack.

I turn to go in my original direction however I find myself gulping in fright. Why am I scared? He's just Advait. My brother. Maybe if he finds out I'm his sister he'll be nicer.

I sigh and decide to let it go, however talking to him again doesn't seem desirable after what just happened. I don't know what I'm going to do. The whole point of coming here was to meet dad and speak to Advait. What am I going to say to Virat Chachu and the others who paid for my ticket? Whyyyy Natasha why???

I feel a tap of my shoulder which makes me turn around quickly.

"Hey, are you okay? You look a little lost." A sweet woman with a teenage girl my age beside her asks me politely.

"Sakshi Aunty." I say with a smile. These were people who came up on TV, interviews and on my Instagram feed. I can't believe she was standing here in front of me, talking to me.

She doesn't seem surprised that I know her, however she examines my face in bemusement.

"And you are?" She seems to try hard to remember who I am or if I'm familiar.

"Natasha." I say, not wanting to go into the details of my whole family history by saying my surname.

Her puzzled look changed to a look of excitement as she cups her face. She embraces me as I hug her back. I don't know how she knew who I am so quickly, even after 20 years.

"I knew it! Virat told me Hardik's daughter is going to be here. I was looking for you." She smiles as she strokes my hair.

"How beautiful you are!" She says quietly, kissing my forehead. "Wow Natasha dear. You really did shock me."

"Hogayi mulaqaat?" MS FREAKING DHONI IS NOW WITH HER. Oh my God. That girl is Ziva Dhoni beside her.

My mouth drops. "Mahi sir!!!! I cannot b-"

"Uh uh... no sir wir, Mahi uncle." He breaks into a smile and shakes my hand.

"Feels great to meet you after so long, Tash." He places a hand on my head and gives it a small pat.

"Ziva - look. This is Hardik uncle's daughter Natasha. This was your best friend when you were 3 years old. You used to play with baby Tash ever since she was born." He smiles at his grown up daughter, who I cheekily admit, I follow on Instagram for her fashionable outfits.

"Hi." She smiles and runs a hand through her hair. This was obviously slightly awkward for the both of us.

"Anyways. You guys talk and stuff, we'll be here if you need us, yeah?" Sakshi leaves while Ziva and I remain, facing each other.

We kind of stand there in silence, just looking around but eventually she breaks the silence.

"I - I didn't know Advait had a sister." She laughs hesitantly.

"Well you do know." I laugh, making her smile.

We begin walking around the hall.

"So, are you and Advait like good friends or something?" I ask.

"We... are actually dating." She says slightly taken aback, almost as if there couldn't have been any other option. I feel dumbstruck after hearing this.

Okay this is so weird.

"Ah. Okay." I nod, although I don't know why, I feel possessive over my brother. Why though - he was such a dick to me earlier?

"I'd love it if you introduce me to him." I say, wondering what she'd do.

She looks at me funnily. "Sure. Although you guys are the first siblings in the world who are being introduced to each other by someone else." She laughs.

I nod and laugh too, following her as she takes me to Advait. He is standing with 2 other boys his age. They are all laughing with drinks in their hands but Advait's smile washes off my face as he sees me.

"Tum?" He straightens up from his leaning position on the table and buttons up his blazer, boasting by thrusting his shoulders backwards.

"Oh, you guys know each other?" Ziva looks at Advait then at me.

"Very well." Advait mutters through gritted teeth, not taking his eyes off me.

"We only met. The 'knowing' part hasn't happened yet." I reply acrimoniously.

Ziva seems to chuckle. "Like brother, like sister." She says, and I immediately wished she didn't.

"What?" Advait looks at Ziva like she's just turned into a rabbit.

"What's all this about?" Zoraver asks, nudging Advait.

"I don't know, bro." He shrugs, facing me.

"There seems to be some confusion." Aarav, Virat's nephew chirps. "Advait doesn't have a sister."

"I'm your sister. Amara Mehra's daughter." I say scared.

"Don't take that woman's name in front of me." Advait growls, dangerously low.

I am astonished. Even I left my ego and hatred after seeing my dad in real life. He seems to hate my mum immensely.

"She's not a bad person." I have no idea what to say.

"I don't think I need you to teach me who's good and who's not." He turns to go in the same fashion as our dad, with Aarav and Zoraver exchanging worried glances. I look down at my feet. Ziva, Zora, Aarav And I stand in a small irregular circle in silence.

"Um... listen - Err..." Aarav begins.

"Natasha." Ziva says.

"Natasha - don't feel bad about his behaviour. He has his mood swings. Maybe because of the divorce I don't know." He trails off.

"So? Even my mum had a divorce." I fold my arms and look away.

"Bro and sis be identical." Zoraver laughs at our similar attitude.

"Hahaha... but Natasha, we can help you guys like become friends."

"Well he's gonna have to deal with me whether he likes me or not. I'm his sister." I scowl while the others laugh.

"Mannn that attitude is swaggy." Zoraver laughs, high fiving me. "So from now on, us 3 are friends. With a mission."

I smile. The people who seemed awkward and too classy are now my friends. Yay?!