Advait's birthday

"Advait... Ziva is coming right?" I tease him as we sit down to decide the guest list at dad's house. Mum has come with me too. She says she's only here for Advait, but me and Advait secretly know she wants to see dad too.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes and looks away with an embarrassed smile.

"Natasha, do you think we should invite Akansha?" Advait jokes.

"Oh my God can we? Just to make her jealous when she sees you with Ziva?!" I say excitedly.

"Hahaha very funny. Dude you're not serious are you?" Advait laughs sarcastically but his lips go as straight as a line when he sees my eyes widen.

"I'm adding her to the whatsapp group. Actually wait. What if she starts hitting on Shubman next." My smile fades as I bite the end of my pen, wondering how that would ruin her mood.

Advait suddenly gets up and starts laughing. "Exactly! You don't want her snatching your boyfriend away from you do you?"

"Vaise toh aise bohot saare hain." I mumble. "My friend Falguni - she literally loves Shubman."

"Who's inviting her?"

"Advait, I have to."

"No you're not. My God she's such a chatterbox. It's like she has a hundred mouths!"

My mouth drops but I can't help laugh at this. "Advait you're so mean!" I playfully smack him with a pillow.

"By the way, where's mum and dad?" He asks. "M-"

"Ssshhh! Let them spend some time together."

MEANWHILE:

"I knew you wouldn't be able to take care of the orchids." Amara shakes her head as she sees a wilting orchid while her and Hardik take a round in his back garden. "Good for nothing." She mutters.

Hardik was used to Amara's taunts by now, and found them rather entertaining. He never minded her saying anything rude to him, in fact he loved it whenever she told him off.

Hardik smiles at an exasperated Amara who is inspecting each and every leaf of every plant in his garden.

"Why don't we take a look at my car showroom?

"Leave that for impressing your 25 year old girlfriends, you know I'm not interested."

Hardik shakes his head with a laugh. Amara doesn't reciprocate.

"OUCH!" Amara trips over a large pile of rocks that come under her foot and just as she expects to land with a thud, Hardik catches her by the waist. They both freeze slightly, but she isn't the one to wait around like a bollywood actress.

"Oh God." She gets up quickly and sits down on the nearest bench. She looks down to see her left foot smothered in blood.

"Amara what the hell? I was literally telling you let's go the showroom but no! You wanted to observe every fucking leaf in this stupid garden. Now look what happened." Hardik gets worried as he bends down to take her foot in his.

"STOP TOUCHING IT!" Amara squeals in pain. "And don't you dare call this garden stupid. 20 years ago, I was the one who planted all this and raised my babies." She looks around her plants and the condition they were in now.

"Upar se tum anemic ho, and now you're bleeding like someone's urinating." Hardik sighs as he takes out his Gucci handkerchief and places it on the wound. Amara snatches it out of his hand and her medical knowledge kicks in as she places her fingers in some position to correctly cover the wound.

"Keep your disgusting analogies to yourself and - Wait - how do you know I'm anemic?" Amara looks at him.

"My memory isn't that bad." He says with a concerned expression, not meeting her eyes as he still looks around her foot worriedly.