Ten Years Of Avoidance

It has been 10 years since Lucy and Natsu had seen each other in fact they havent emailed or chatted both are too stubborn to do it first although both have almost the same contact lists on their facebook or any social media accounts.

************

Lucy is currently working on her aunts' Celestial Medicinal Corp as the vice Ceo and had not been mourning as she had three years ago when her mother died.

-FLASHBACK-

It was after her graduation and she was preparing to go back to Fiore in about six months to face everything she had left after running away seven years ago when her phone rings.

"Hello" Lucy answered as she hears a static on the other line followed by a sigh and then the other person replied.

"Lucy hun, your mom died a few hours ago..." It was Igneel that said it.

"I see..." that's all she could say as she then hung up without another word.

Rude as it is but she stopped all the communication with them after even though her auntie had tried to persuade her to go back to just visit to see her moms' grave but she wouldn't budge instead she said that she would just work in her company while the older blonde fixed everything after three months she had eventually given up bugging Lucy about it, instead she did what the younger girl requested; She returned with a necklace that Layla had left for her daughter that she gave to the said girl.

After a while, Igneel had tried to contact her here and there and she answers sometimes making the old male happy but when Natsus' name would come up she would hang up immediately with a made-up random excuse.

As for Levy and their friendship, it is sturdy like a healthy oak tree, as a matter of fact the bluanette had visited her three years ago a few months after she started working in her aunts company with a surprise of getting formaly engaged with Gajeel, who couldn't make it there because of his dads' company being in a mess after they caught the Vice Ceo stealing from the company tasking him automatically to two positions that time as Co-CEO and vice CEO of Steel and Iron Necessity Incorporated. The two girls had an amazing bonding but never had talked about what really happened for her to leave just like that as well as not saying anything about Natsu.

-END FLASHBACK-

A knock resonants in her office "Come in" Lucy said as she waited for the person to enter "Luchi-sama, a letter had been dropped off for you" her secretary handed her the nicely made envelope with a silver ribbon and she smiled at the bluish silvered short-haired girl "Thank you Yuki" the girl left after bowing.

When Lucy was left alone by the girl that she thinks of as her twinie by heart, as well as her secretary in the workplace: She opens the envelope carefully not wanting to ruin the delicate design and she grasps at the wordings inside.

TO: LU-CHAN

YOU ARE INVITED TO THE MOST ROMANTIC LOVELY WEDDING OF LEVY MCGARDEN AND GAJEEL REDFOX AS THE MAIDEN OF HONOR.

DATE: NOVEMBER 20 THIS YEAR

VENUE: VILLA STELLA DE FIORE, FIORE

From: Levy&Gajeel

Ps. Luchan no excuses youre going!!! Be sure to be here 3 month before thats why I sent it earlier than others!

Lucy had to laugh at her bestfriends', sister like antics at her wedding invitation and then she said "God dammit Lev, Fiore , really I swear..." she then lazily packed up her stuff to go out for lunch as well as to call the bluenette. She passed by Yukino who nodded at her mouthing a "Ill come with you in a minute" which she replied with a thumbs up.

*************

Levy and Gajeel are currently shopping for some party favors when her phone vibrated and its a video call from her bestfriend so she answered. "LUCHAN! You received it didnt you?!" She said enthusiastically as the blonde pouted and a giggle can be heard from the other side.

*******

+++++++++Lucy glares at Yukino as she giggles at the situation in hand. She had told her what it was written in the letter and she teased her to no end about how this situation is funny as well as how she looks like a bunny who just been trapped by some hunter which is basically true. "Yes Lev-chan I did and Im not fucking happy about it, you little minx..." she replied to the short woman on the phone with a gritted teeth. "Youre coming home right bunny-girl?" Now Gajeel had entered the video while Levy played innocent. "Well I got no damn choice Im the maiden of honor and fuck you dont call me bunnygirl it was a one time show!" The trio laughed at her reddening face and then Gajeel said it "Natsu will be in the wedding, I hope you understand." The seriousness in his voice was there but his face was blank. "Gajeel!" Levy swat his hand for saying that but Lucy is just too shock because she realized that after all these years her heart hasnt fully healed but she replied with a soft voice "I understand, Id still come dont worry Levy.. See you soon" she hung up without a word when Yukino envelope her in a hug knowing what really happened. "Im sorry Luchi, maybe i could go as your proxy..." "No I have to face this Ive run long enough..." she hugged the girl back.

********

Levy smacked Gajeel as soon as the blonde hung up. "What, she had the right to know." The man said defensively as the woman mumbles "Stupid but youre right, I wonder what really happened tho....i mean Natsu had changed as well after that weekend..." she said sadly. "Well they cant keep running from whatever it is... I just hope that this wedding of ours will be not only a gift for both of us but for them too." Gajeel said as he hugged Levy. "Yeah, but its different now and somehow I feel like i should have known more of the story on Luchan side of the coin..." the bluenette said.

**&&&^%%$%^&***((())))

DISCLAIMER: Hiro Mashima owns Fairytail