Chapter 1: Pegasus!

Pegasus live in the mountains. The king, queen, and princess have their own area, away from their subjects. They spend most of their time in Pegasus form, only going in human form when necessary. But Maybelle was different. She loved being in Pegasus form, but she also loved being in human form. It was all strange and incredible to her. She was 18 year old, and she was now in training to become queen of all Pegasus. She was the princess, but hated it. She wanted to join the Pegasus Warriors. They are a group of Pegasus that protect their kind. Tbey train and fight and go to war if necessary. They're the protectors, some call them. Maybelle admires them. She wanted to be like them. To be free and fight as she pleases. But instead, she is forced to go to tea parties and learn how to be proper. She hates it. She wants to fight. In human form, she has to wear fancy dresses and a tiara, but she prefers armor and a sword.
    Maybelle heard footsteps and looked up to see her mom walking toward her. She sat on the highest and biggest mountain. Where the king, queen, and princess lives. Maybelle gave a sad smile as she looked back down. Everyone thinks Maybelle is the happiest Pegasus, but that's because no one knows her true desires, who she wants to be but never can. She can't trust anyone, because she's the princess and she doesn't know if they'll like her for who she is. Maybelle is the kindest and smartest Pegasus there is, though. Always thinking about her people, and not herself. That's why she knows she can't be a warrior, no matter how much she wants to. Maybelle is also the most beautiful Pegasus that lives. Her body is blue. Her tail and mane are blue with streaks of purple. Her wings are pink. Her body, tail, mane, and wings all sparkle just like the gleam in her sky blue eyes.
     Queen Anastasia walked up to her daughter, Princess Maybelle. Maybelle looked up and saw her father, King Roman, several feet away, talking to the head of the warriors. "Is everything alright, Maybelline?" Anastasia asked. Maybelline is her real name, but she prefers Maybelle. "Fine." Maybelle replied. Anastasia sighed as she sat down next to her daughter. "You can tell me anything." Anastasia told her. "I am fine, mom." Maybelle told her. "You need to talk properly, dear. You are not some ordinary peasant. You are an extraordinary princess. The proper phrase is 'I am alright, mother.' Start speaking properly, if you are to be queen." Anastasia explained and Maybelle sighed. "May I leave the mountains and explore?" Maybelle asked. Another thing Maybelle has always wanted was to ecplore the world, but she knows she can never do that. So she hopes to at least explore the nearby village. "It is too dangerous, there might be Dragons around." Anastasia replied and Maybelle sighed. "Whatever." Maybelle commented. She stood up and flew away, to the farthest area she's aloud to go. The edge of the mountains.
     Maybelle sat by herself at the edge of the mountains base. There were guards not far from her, guard and the base from intruders. Maybelle sighed as she transformed into her human form. Her hair is so long, it goes down to her waist, and it's naturally wavy. Her hair is black with pink streaks in her hair. She wore a fancy red dress with no sleeves and red high heels. Maybelle sighed as she looked at the river. She does love to swim, not that her parents will let her. The guards around will be sure to report back to them. She put her hand in the water and smile as she felt the waters cool touch.
     She heard footsteps and just ignored it. "Hi, your majesty." Evelyn greeted. Maybelle took her hand out of the water and turned to face her, just in time to watch her curtsey. She was in human form as well. "Hi, Evelyn." Maybelle greeted. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle shook her head. "Not at all." Maybelle replied. Evelyn smiled and sat next to her. A bit surprised that she was there and wanting to talk to her. "You look beautiful." Evelyn told her and Maybelle showed a small smile. "Thank you." Maybelle commented. "No problem." Evelyn agreed. Evelyn wore a light purple dress that went to her ankles with long sleeves. It was smooth, and not as fancy as Maybelle's. But that's given, because only royalty wear clothing that's extremely fancy. "Do you mind if I ask you something?" Maybelle asked and Evelyn grinned. "Sure." Evelyn replied. "Why are you talking to me?" Maybelle asked. "You were alone, and I thought you could use some company." Evelyn replied. "That's all?" Maybelle asked. "Yes. Why wouldn't it be?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle sighed. "Because since I'm the Princess, people usually don't like me for me. Instead they like me for my royal status and fancy things." Maybelle replied. "That's terrible." Evelyn commented. "I know." Maybelle agreed. "I'm not like that. I don't have any friends. My dad is really strict and I'm really shy." Evelyn told her. "But you talked to me." Maybelle commented and Evelyn nodded. "I didn't want to be disrespectful, and I thought we would just sit in silence." Evelyn told her. "Do you want to sit in silence?" Maybelle asked and Evelyn shook her head. "No, I really like talking to someone who's not my dad." Evelyn replied and Maybelle smiled. "Me too." Maybelle agreed.
    Maybelle was back in Pegasus form and flew back to her home, where her mom was already sleeping. She had spent most of the day talking to Evelyn. "Maybelline." Roman commented. "Yes, dad. Or should I say father, to speak more properly?" Maybelle asked. "Enough of the back talk, Maybelline. You need more training to become Queen." Roman replied. "Seriously, father? Why?" Maybelle asked. "Because you obviously haven't learned anything. Sleep now, my child." Roman replied. Roman cuddled up next to his wife and Maybelle sighed as she laid down and closed her eyes.