Chapter 8 : The black eye

The party waited the lunch time to question Mike about his date with Jane. In class, it was impossible, and during the break Dustin had a work to do because he arrived late in class. Beverly joined them in running at the table, half throwing her tray on it.

- "So!? How was it? Did you kiss? Are you a couple now?" the redhead asked with excitement.

- "Bev, we are eating!" Max grumbled.

- "And?"

- "I don't wanna know what Jane and Mike did while I'm eating!"

- "And Will is not here yet," Lucas stated.

- "Oh yeah it's true, what is he doing, I wanna know!" Beverly said.

- "Don't get excited too much, you could be disappointed," Mike intervened.

- "What!? Why!?"

- "Well, you will probably have your answers 'cause Will is arriving, and he is not alone," Lucas smirked.

Will was showing Jane the cafeteria. It was the first time the young girl had put a step in it, and she was really stressed by it. She kept looking around and playing with her fingers.

- "Hey, are you okay?" Will softly asked.

- "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay," Jane weakly smiled.

Will nodded and gave her a tray. He showed her the way to follow and gave her some tips, like, if she saw the same plate with the same apple pie during all weeks, she should avoid it. The two friends approached the table, Jane behind Will with an anxious face.

- "I told Jane she could eat with us," Will said.

- "If that's okay," Jane shyly added.

- "Of course it is! Come take a seat!" Mike greeted, tapping the chair next to him.

Jane had a relieved smile and sat next to Mike, in front of Will who was next to Beverly. Dustin was next to Mike, in front of Max and Lucas.

- "So, now that everyone is here, we can know how was your date," Beverly sneakily smiled.

- "Oh, the date? Why do you wanna know that?" Jane asked with a shaking voice and worried eyes.

- "Two of my friends went on a date, and you wonder why I wanna know what happened?" the redhead rhetorically said.

- "We...we are just friends..."

- "Oh...What happened?" Lucas asked.

- "She is not ready for a relationship for now. That's all," Mike quickly intervened seeing his friend's embarrassment.

- "Okay...How was the date?" Beverly insisted.

- "You don't see they don't wanna talk about it!?" Max growled.

- "But I wanna know how Mike is on a date, he never told us," the redhead continued with a begging tone.

Max pouted to her and looked at Jane, accompanied by the others of the group. Jane watched them one by one with a frown, finishing on Mike who seemed to allow her to tell them.

- "Um, well...he was, stressed but...confident and...romantic."

- "Romantic!? Mike!?" Max frowned.

- "You didn't eat at Burger King?" Dustin asked.

- "McDonalds, I don't really like Burger King," Jane explaiend.

- "See! I'm not the only one," Beverly intervened.

- "You have weird tastes," Lucas stated.

- "But Jane doesn't like it too!"

- "Then, she has weird tastes too!"