Chapter 18 : Trek

As it was the vacation, Jane and her sister went in the closest mountain to do trekking and mountain bike for three days. Jane was still hurt at her belly and her nose but less, allowing her to enjoy her trip. After four hours of an intense walking, they decided to take a break to drink and enjoy the landscape composed of hills and haze. Constance wrapped her arm around her little sister while she was drinking some water, and Jane placed her head on her sister's shoulder, breathing deeply the fresh air around.

- "Do you like your school?" Constance asked.

- "Yeah, it's cool, I think I made friends," Jane answered.

- "I saw, fighter friends."

- "I began the fight."

- "No, you just defended yourself and your friends. You didn't provoke the other teens, they came for this, they got what they were looking for."

- "I don't know, Abigail thinks I want to steal Troy from her."

Constance stifled a laugh.

- "It's not funny," Jane chuckled.

- "I'm sorry but I know no one gayer than you," her sister stated.

- "You are gayer than me !" the young girl told, hitting softly the taller girl's belly with her elbow.

- "Yeah maybe, I don't cry when a boy kiss me."

- "You are so rude. He is my friend."

- "I know, I told you that not everybody is homophobic."

- "I know. I'm still...not ready," Jane sighed.

- "You're scared, and it's understandable, but, don't stop loving because some people disagree with who you are, try to focus on those who love you like that because these people will stay with you all your life and not the others," Constance said.

- "I know, I know, I just don't want what happened to happen again...it's too hard," the young girl told with some tears growing in her eyes.

- "It won't."

- "You don't know that!"

- "That redhead seems tough."

Jane frowned and looked at her sister with an interrogative look while Constance was smirking.

- "How do you know?" Jane asked.

- "Oh please, the only person I know better than me, it's you."

- "I hate you."

- "I know, but let's act like if you were loving me," the big sister joked.

- "It's just a crush, it will pass. She is straight anyway, and I have other things to worry for now."

- "Yeah, mom."

- "I don't wanna go," confessed Jane confessed.

- "I know, it's hard, but the doctors said it's necessary for her."

- "But not for me!"

- "I know, I know. (walks in front of her and cups head her) Hey, don't focus on it, okay? You are on a break now, enjoy the mountain, the weather, the landscapes, and let me worry for the rest. I want you to relax for now, stressing you for something which is coming only next week won't make it better," Constance softly said.

Jane nodded. They took back their stuff and continued their trek. Jane stayed quiet until the top of the mountain, but she managed to enjoy the moments with her sister. Jane put on a side of her head all her problems, Constance was right, she was on a break and she couldn't change anything here. She was glad to have a sister so understanding and never judging her for her choices. She was the family she needed now.