Chapter 36 : Shopping

Max was in the bus. It was Saturday and, as she stopped basket-ball, she had more free time. She wasn't sure of what she was doing, maybe it was a bad idea, and she would just be ridiculous. She spent her ride hesitating to go back and forget this idea, but she would hate her for this. She arrived in front of the door and knocked. A blonde young woman opened her.

- "Oh, the sassy kisser,"  Constance stated.

- "You know I have a name, right?"

- "Yeah, sassy Max."

- "I prefer MadMax, it's way cooler."

- "No, I'm way cooler."

- "Are you annoying with every Jane's friend?" Max frowned.

- "With every people who can break her heart, yes," Constance answered.

Max nodded and pinched her lips together. Apparently Jane's sister wasn't really liking her, but she wasn't surprised, adults didn't really like her. But she was surprised by her, opening more the door and inviting her to enter. Maybe she wasn't really hating her.

- "She is kinda busy now, you can wait in the kitchen," Constance told.

Max thanked her and entered. She went to the kitchen for the first time and watched the polaroids on the fridge. She had a small smile when she saw the small Jane evolving to the tall Jane she knew.

- "You like those pictures?" Constance asked with the same serious tone.

- "Um, yeah, I mean, she looks cute on them," Max said with a smile. "She did boxing?"

- "Hell yeah she did! She still does. And other combat sports, of course."

- "She is karaté kid."

- "Nah, she is better."

- "I won't tell you the contrary, I saw her at the skatepark, it was the most badass thing I had never seen in my life!" Max said with enthusiasm. "You both seem really close, it's really cool."

- "Yeah, we are," Constance softly smiled. "Okay, enough pictures for today, sit now."

- "How can I resist to such a nice offer," Max sarcastically answered.

Constance rolled her eyes. Max had a small proud smile. Jane's sister seemed receptive to sarcasm and to not hate her, it was a good thing. She took a moment to watch around her. Behind her was two pieces of furniture with books on them. It was books of psychology, especially child's psychology and teens' psychology. Constance was pretty young, she probably took care of Jane at a too young age, but she did it well apparently, she had nothing to blame herself. She saw board games, Jane told her she was spending her Saturday nights with her sister by playing games. Her investigation had been cut by the sound of a flush. So, this was where Jane was. She turned to the corridor -Constance leaned on the wall of the kitchen- waiting for her friend. The door slammed and footsteps approached.

- "God! I don't know what smell worse between my shit and my armp-Oh hi Max!"

Jane stopped a moment, not really ready to see her crush in her kitchen, and became red of embarrassment. She was wearing a white tank top with no bra -which wasn't bothering Max- and a khaki short. She had a big bandage on her chest. The redhead had an amused frown while Jane was trying to find something to say, wipping her hands on her tee-shirt.

- "(turns to her sister) Thanks for telling me," she said between her teeth.

- "I didn't know you were going to make a comparison of your body's smells! And, you know there is a towel in the toilets, right?"