Chapter 37 : Stress

- "Bev, I'm screwed!" Max said.

The redhead slammed her locker and began to walk in direction of her class with her friend.

- "Calm down, it's just a date," Bev chuckled, keeping her voice down.

- "No, it's not just a date, it's...I don't know! I...I don't have lots of experience in this and it was always the boys who organised them and it didn't work!"

- "Well, when we see who you are in love with now, it probably explained."

- "Love is a bit strong, it's just...a big crush."

- "Then it's a very very very very big crush!"

- "Yeah, whatever!" Max grumbled.

- "God, I've never seen you like that! You are so stressed!" Bev stated with a smile.

- "That's not true!"

- "That's not true!? Are you kidding me!? At the winter exam you forgot your pencil case and didn't care! You asked me a pen just before it begins!"

- "It was just English, it was not the big exam!"

- "Still an exam," Beverly smiled.

- "Anyway, it won't help me for Friday," Max said.

- "Yeah, sure, you have no idea of what you're gonna do?"

- "I was thinking of a movie and eat somewhere but it's a bit...classic."

- "It's a first one, it's normal to be classic, you shouldn't focus too hard on this and focus on what's really important," Beverly smirked.

- "Oh yeah? And what is it?" Max frowned.

Beverly didn't answer quickly. She looked around to be sure no one could hear what she was going to ask, and got closer to Max to murmur:

- "Are you gonna kiss her?"

- "Bev!" Max exclaimed, surprised and a bit shocked.

- "What!? You're not gonna tell me you hadn't thought about it!?"

- "I, I...of course I did, but it's stressing me more so I prefer not thinking about it."

- "Why are you stressing!? I mean, you already kissed!"

- "But, the situation was not the same, and she hated me after this kiss, now I would prefer her to...you know."

- "What ? Love you?" Bev smirked.

- "At least like me, but yeah...if it could be more..."

- "Aw, that's so cute!"

- "Come on, it's not the first time you see me having feelings for someone!"

- "You mean Gary? Really!? This guy was a cunt, and he didn't treat you correctly, whereas Jane is my friend, I like her, and I'm pretty sure she will treat you the way you deserve," Beverly stated.

- "Yeah, nothing is done!" Max told.

- "You're so pessimistic!"

- "I'm realistic! I'm so bad at flirting I'm sure she thinks I'm ridiculous."

- "And I'm sure not! You spent an entire day with her to buy her some clothes and have fun because you wanted her to have one good day in her shitty week, I'm sure that's all she remembers and not your weird flirt."

- "My flirt is not weird, it is...in my head."

- "Okay," Beverly chuckled. "You know, I'm sure she is opened to talk about it with you."