Chapter 26 : Last training

The atmosphere between the party and Jane for the rest of the week didn't become warmer. She kept avoiding them and was ignoring their questions to her. Now it was Saturday, and the two redheads were arriving at their basket-ball training. Max was a bit disappointed to not see Jane's stuff in the changing room while Beverly was surprised.

- "She is probably late," Bev told.

- "Yeah, probably..."

They changed and went on the field, waiting for everyone. After a moment, the coach began her speech while Jane was still not here.

- "Wait, Jane is late," Beverly intervened.

- "No," the coach answered. "I asked her to not come back."

The girls all gasped of surprise while Max was feeling worse than before. It was all her fault.

- "Why? Because she is not very good?" Jenifer asked.

- "No. Last week I've surprised her...kissing another girl."

- "I knew it!" Bev stated with a smile.

- "You knew what?" Clara frowned.

- "That Jane was lesbian," the redhead answered like if it was obvious.

- "Jane is a dyke!?" Jenifer said with a disgust face.

- "I prefer saying lesbian, but I guess it works too. Don't tell me no one noticed? (all shake their heads to say no) When you showed us your new bra, she didn't become red because she is prude."

- "Oh my god! That's disguting, she watched us changing! She was probably enjoying it whereas we didn't know!" Jenifer told with terror in her voice.

- "Oh come on! She always arrived first, and she kinda ran to be the first out! She is not like that!"

- "And with Clara!? She watched her boobs!"

- "I asked her to do it..." Clara intervened.

- "And you don't care that she could have enjoyed it!?"

- "No, she didn't want to, I...forced her a bit."

- "You didn't force her! And by respect for you, she shouldn't have to!"

- "I was going to insist anyway!"

- "Yeah, she just wanted to get rid of it," Beverly added. "And watching is not that bad, I mean, none of you watch the boys when they are shirtless?"

- "But it's normal, and the boys want to be watched, we, we never wanted her to watch us!" Jenifer continued.

- "So you agree with the coach!?"

- "Of course!"

- "How can you agree with discrimination!?"

- "You don't know what she...does when she watches us, maybe she...touches herself on us in underwears!"

- "She does what she wants! You spent your middle school touching yourself on Alban's pictures!"

- "God Bev! Are you gay or what!?"

- "No, I'm not, but even if I was, it shouldn't be a problem! Jane is my friend, and I refuse to let people bother her for being in love with a girl!" Beverly got angry.

The coach whistled to stop the conversation while all the girls were covering their ears.

- "Jane is gone, that's all, now go running!" the woman ordered.

The girls obeyed, keeping debating.

- "Do you agree with that?" Beverly asked while running.

- "Of course not!" Max answered.

- "Why didn't you defend her?"

- "You were doing it right, you didn't need my help."

- "If Jenifer decides to bother Jane at school, are you going to defend her?"

- "What!? Jenifer won't, she is not like that."

- "I thought she was not homophobic, but I was wrong."

- "I hope I'm not..."

Beverly and Max kept running without talking about it. In fact, they didn't talk at all during the training, Beverly too pissed and Max too lost. It was the end of the last exercise, and the girls went to the changing room, except Max who wanted to talk to the coach.

- "I thought you weren't supposed to tell anyone," Max stated with disappointment.

- "They have the right to know what kind of person is Jane. What she did to you is not fair, not normal and disgusting, but don't worry, nobody knows it was you the other girl."

- "Not even Troy?"

- "No, I just said a girl. Now leave," the coach ordered.

Max angrily walked to the changing room, shaking her head in disbelief. Jane did nothing wrong, but the coach and the girls were thinking the contrary, now all the school was going to know. Beverly was still there, waiting for her friend.

- "Don't wait for me next week, I won't come back," Max told, changing her tee-shirt.

- "Good, I was going to say the same thing," Beverly answered.

- "Great."

- "Great. I can't believe the girls right now!"

- "They are all hating Jane?"

- "I hope not, but it's not them who scare me the most..."

- "The cheerleaders and the football players," Max stated.

- "Yep, I'm worried, they are not very...tender," Bev said.

Max nodded. She was fearing the next week. Jenifer was the kind of person to share those type of gossip and wouldn't miss the opportunity to have all the lights on her. Jane was going to hate her more now.