Chapter 19 : The sleepover

It was the vacation, but Will's mother was still working at the store. As he was bored and it was sunny, Will decided to join her in the middle of the day with some works to do. When he arrived, he had the surprise to see Jane behind the counter.

- "Hey Jane," the boy greeted with a smile and the end of a black eye he got at the skatepark.

- "Hey Will, what's up?"

- "Nothing special, just some works to do, and you?"

- "Same, I haven't begun yet," Jane sighed.

- "You work all day? You never take a break?"

- "I've already taken three days, my break is over."

- "Really? You went somewhere special or you stayed home?"

- "We went to the mountain with my sister, to do some trek and bike," Jane smiled.

- "God, you must be exhausted !" Will stated.

- "Not that much, we do this often, I'm used to it now."

- "I really don't understand people who do sport for fun," the young boy joked.

- "It's not you who are in a science club?"

- "A.V. club."

- "And it's not weird to do school task for fun?" the young girl mocked.

- "It's not tiring!"

- "It is! Thinking for hours to know how to...communicate with an other country it's not tiring?"

- "No, it's fun," Will smiled.

- "Playing baseball is fun," Jane chuckled.

- "Oh my god, no!" the young boy laughed.

While the two were having fun, Joyce -placing the pens they received- was watching them with a smile. They had a good chemistry, she hoped he found a nice confidant. She knew her son, he was very shy and, even if he was really close to his friends, he was still very closed and not confident.

- "Mike do a sleepover tonight, you wanna come?" Will asked.

- "Um...I don't know, you're sure he wants me to come?"

- "Of course, he wants! He told us to ask you if we saw you."

- "Okay, my sister works tonight and tomorrow so, I think it's gonna be okay," Jane smiled.

Will's smile grew. He really liked Jane, it was hard to not like her, she was always nice, funny, and not judging anyone. She was a girl everybody could trust.

Jane was in front of a house. Will gave her Mike's address, but all the houses were looking like each other. It was not the kinds of districts where Jane and her sister could live, too expensive, but it was cute. She stayed a moment in front of the door, worried to meet his family. Maybe they wouldn't like her? Maybe Mike didn't want her to come and Will just asked her to come to embarrass her? Maybe it was a joke and they were going to mock her?

- "You think too much Jane," she grumbled to herself.

She finally found the courage to knock at the door. She heard footsteps approaching and a blonde woman opened to her.

- "Oh hi," the woman smiled. "I've never seen you before, what's your name?"

- "Jane," the young girl answered feeling more uncomfortable. "A...a friend of Mike."

- "Well, I'm Karen, his mother. Come in, (moves to let her in) Mike is in the basement with the others."

- "Thank you," Jane told with a shaking voice.