The weekday blues

That damn alarm broke me from the most incredible dream and I sighed deeply wishing I could just go back to sleep and enjoy my dream again. But that wasn't going to happen.

Burying my head in my pillow I curse my dad for making me get up so early on a Monday morning before getting ready for the day.

On my way to work I decide to detour through the Starbucks drivethru to get my dads favourite drink in order to spoil him a little bit plus make up for saying such mean things about him when I first woke up, even if he couldn't hear it I still felt guilty about it.

Before I know it I'm parked outside right up beside my dads Mercedes I contemplate my options absolutely dreading going inside the gym.

After a few minutes I pull myself together and head inside. Dad rushes over to me and grabs his coffee and hugs me tightly like he hadn't seen me for years when in reality I saw him yesterday. I can't help but chuckle at his clingy behaviour, he clearly missed me while I was gone aswell.

"Morning dad, I take it you missed me!" I ask playfully giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Always, you are my baby girl Maddie" my dad agrees breaking away from me and sipping his coffee.

"Morning Mads" a familiar voice greets me from across the gym as I watch his climb out of the ring and strut over towards us. Only two people call me Mads so it doesn't take long to work out who it is.

"Hunter here is putting his brother to shame getting here so early to put on the extra hours!" Dad exclaims proudly slapping a Hunter on the shoulders in a fatherly manner.

"Morning Hunter" I manage to mutter unable to hold his intense gaze. What the hell is going on?

"You two should catch up. Back in the ring in ten Hunter" dad smiles thinking he is being helpful and he leaves heading to him office.

Umm no thanks dad I'm good on the catching up front since Hunter was in my bedroom at 2am acting weird as fuck!

But there is no escape because It's super early and there's barely anybody in yet so that leaves the gym empty over than us.

Hunter just carries on staring at me smirking softly as if I'm missing out on the joke or something.

The door bangs closed and none other than Grayson walks in smiling as soon as he sees the two of us alone.

"Morning beautiful" Grayson winks eying me from head to toe.

"Hey" I nod feeling very flustered. Okay so he has cheered up. Has he hit his head or something?

"You look tired"

"Really?! Can't think why! Glad you are in a better mood though"I scoff feeling the weight of my tired eyelids in my knees

"Yeh sorry I don't make a habit of climbing in girls bedrooms at 2am" he chuckles lightly and it's great to see him more laid back and relaxed

"Probably a safe idea. You never know if some angry dad has a gun! But what gives, why are you in a better mood?" I press him on it unable to look away as he downs water from his sports bottle and his Adam's apple bobs up and down as he swallows , why is that so sexy?!

"I guess I'm working from a new set of tactics" he shrugs smirking happily

"You are such a weirdo Barrett" this guy confuses me to no avail but whatever made him happier I'm glad for. No doubt he got sex last night after leaving mine and that's what's put a smile on his stupid face.

"Takes one to know one eh Franklin" he winks and chucks his empty sports bottle at me.

Luckily my reflects kick in and I grab it before it hits my face. "Rude much" I snarl