3 years later

Tonight was a huge night for both the Barrett's and the Franklin families. My dad was being honoured by the UFC and MMA community by being induced into their hall of fame.

This was one of the most important titles in an athletes career because it marked their hard work over the years but also showed them that once they gave up fighting, they weren't forgotten.

Not only that but Carl Barrett, my dads best friend and the head of the Barrett family was also being inducted posthumously which meant more to the family than anyone could imagine.

I was so happy for both my dad and for the fact that Carl was being remembered so fondly but I couldn't shake this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

As I was having my hair and makeup done I could barely make out whatever was being discussed, it was like I was underwater, like I was drowning.

I was probably coming across like a queen of bitchiness but my mind just wasn't in the right place lately and no matter how much I tried I couldn't refocus.

"You look beautiful. We're all done here"

"I don't know about that but you did a great job with what you had to work on, thanks Hayley" I stared at my reflection barely able to see myself in the pale, distant looking eyes that gazed back at me.

"Madison can I ask you something?" Hayley asked looking at me in the mirror with nothing but anxiety across her face. I immediately span around in my chair to face her.

"Is everything okay?" I asked quietly concerned at what the cause of her worry might be and therefore not wanting anyone else to hear us.

"That's my question actually. Are we okay? I mean given your history with Hunter are you okay with me being with him? Lately you've not been yourself and I thought maybe it was me" Hayleys eyes glazed over like she was trying to hold back tears from falling which made my heart ache for her and guilt eat at me that I'd made her feel that way. I grabbed her hands in mine and squeezed them reassuringly.

"Hayley I love you, you are perfect for Hunter. I'm so sorry if I made you feel that way but it's really not you. I've just got a lot on my plate at the moment" oh crap how could I of let my own worries and hang ups start to affect my relationships with other people.

I really needed to snap out of this shitty mood I was in before I hit the self-destruct button and fucked up everything.

"Oh thank god for that" Hayley pulled me in to her for a hug before she left me alone in my bedroom again contemplating the weird stare I as in.

"Wow looking hot lil sis" Miley strutted in grinning happily at me before sitting on the edge of my bed.

"You look radiant sis. Pregnancy really suits you" there was no way anybody on this planet could say my sister did not look incredibly beautiful pregnant.

She always looked hot but being pregnant just gave her that glow everyone talks about. Her long blush pink gown clung to all of her curves and cupped her baby bump before pooling around her feet.

The halter neck highlighted her big breasts and glowing golden skin. Her light brown hair was curled then pinned up with curls falling around her face to highlight her bright blue eyes.

"Maddie is something going on with you and Grayson? Had he done something to hurt you? You look so sad, almost lost lately" my big sister always knew when I wasn't doing okay.

No matter how hard I tried she was the one person I couldn't hide things from and although it was annoying at times, but my god did I love her even more for the way she cared about me.