Aftermath

————-
2 months later

New York was loud. The streets were loud, the bright lights of the city were loud. Everything was just so damn loud here !!

I was finding it hard to adjust to living in a place that literally never sleeps.

There was never any quiet so I made it my mission to seek out solace where ever I could.
I found a cute coffee shop slash bookstore that was the ideal place to borrow yourself in a book and escape the craziness of the big apple.

I hadn't heard from Grayson since the day he left the hotel. I think we both knew it was only going to hurt more the longer we tiptoed around our feelings from each other knowing nothing could come of it.

I blocked out anything to do with him from my life.

I didn't check on the results of his fights or watch them on tv and Dylan and Hunter were under strict instructions not to mention Grayson at all when we talked.

Hunter has been amazing and gave testimony against his stepfather to the police regarding the times he'd caught him harassing me prior to the attack which helped my case and Rob was given 5 years in prison.

I wanted to call Katie so many times and say how sorry I was for my part in things but my mom advised me to give her time to come to terms with things and adapt to life without him before I reached out to her.

I just hoped she didn't blame me for it or hate me for turning her world upside down and that Max was doing okay too.

My gran had forced me to go to therapy to process what had happened to me and as much as I argued against it at the start,  it was helping me to realise that none of what happened was my fault and that I'd done nothing wrong that night.

Slowly I was beginning to feel more like myself again and that total ignorance of my own emotions had faded away. It was  followed by a storm of overwhelming pain and sadness that I also had to work through.

But day by day I was getting there and that was something.

I had defered my college course for a year so I was grateful when my gran managed to get me a job as a PA with a friend of hers who owed several global  businesses.

This old dude seemed like a crazy hardcore businessman. Finance, Construction, Magazines, TV, films this man had his fingers in all the pies and according to my gran was mega mega rich, like filthy rolling on a bed of cash rich.

It was my first day and I was waiting in reception nervously fiddling with my fingers.

I imagined a wrinkly greying old guy in his 70's who just exuded wealth and class from every pore in his body that would be ordering me around like a damned slave everyday.

The receptionist, a pretty brunette that had introduced herself as Alicia told me to take a seat whilst she phoned through to let them know I'd arrived. As she talked she smiled at me sympathetically clearly seeing my bundle of nerves from her desk.

Relax Madison. You'll do great" she reassured me sweetly as she hung up the phone and went back to typing on her laptop.

"Ms Franklin" a smooth, deep voice interrupted my anxiety riddled thoughts.

I  snapped my head upwards to see a sexy as fuck man standing tall before me. He was wearing a expensive looking pinstripe grey suit, had slicked back black hair,  but in a hot way not a greasy gross way and the deepest, darkest chocolate brown eyes I'd ever seen.