Cosy

The family smother Grayson with attention prior to him leaving which leaves us little time to steal moments alone.

Once he is gone I feel empty inside and I begin to realise how much my life has began to focus on him lately. As much as I'd not change our new situation, I know I have to try to maintain my own life too and not just be hanging on him for dear life.

"So what's the plan for the rest of today people?" I ask enthusiastically over lunch hoping there's something fun to get up to that will keep my mind off of missing Grayson.

"I drew the short straw and have to look after Max tonight as it's mum and Nob's anniversary and they are going away for the night. You could come join us and we could have a slumber party?" Hunter suggests clearly not happy he has babysitting duties. I can't help but crack a smile as he uses the brothers nickname for their stepdad Rob who they dislike with a passion.

"Oh that sounds fun" I squeal happily looking forward to spending time with Max.

"Good cos your on dinner duty!" Hunter laughs thinking he just fooled me into cooking us dinner.

"Hey the best you are getting out of me is a takeaway!" I chuckle and stick my tongue out cheekily at him pleased I'd got one over on him.

Hunter reaches over my head and ruffles my hair up as I squirm around in my seat until it's a huge bird nest of a  mess.

"Oh a slumber party sounds cosy!! Just keep your dirty mitts off my sister!" Tyler warns lowly throwing a bread roll at Hunter who easily catches it with his quick reflexes.

"I think she's already spoken for.." Hunters words cause me to choke on my food as he watches on amused by adding "by Max, the little dude loves her"

"Ahh my little man" I coy over him cutely

"Maybe I need to have a chat with young Max then!" Tyler laughs playfully

———————-
That evening Hunter, Max and I are slumped out like pigs in the sofa of the twins front room eating pizza and watching Avengers:Endgame in an illegally obtained but pretty decent quality dvd that Hunter acquired.

It's only 8pm but Max is kitted out in a white shorts and t-shirt style PJ set with bright orange and blue surfboards all over them,

Hunter is in black addidas sports shorts and nothing else, his perfectly cut abs making it very hard to focus on the movie and not him if I'm being honest  whilst I am wearing an old black guns 'n' roses band t-shirt and black cotton shorts.

"Who do you prefer Iron man, captain America or Black panther?" Max  questions in between mouthfuls of pepperoni pizza, gazing at me with an intensity that suggests a huge importance hangs on my answer.

"In what way?" I chew the inside of my cheek not wanting to answer incorrectly

"To kiss" Max giggles as pizza sauce oozes out of the corners of his mouth as he talks

"Oh that a tough one... iron man is really clever and he can fly, captain America is very strong and good looking but he is really a pretty old guy, so I think black panther!" I muse over my options ensuring the little boy besides me knows I'm giving my answer real thought.

"Hunter who would you kiss, scarlet witch, black widow or Gamora?" Max turns his next set of questions to his big brother who is eagerly watching the movie despite having watched it several times already.

" all 3 of them!" Hunter fires his reply back without needing any consideration.

"Ok good one bro! .... So now Maddie..... who would you kiss Hunter ..... or Grayson?" Max grins knowing full well  his next question is a controversial one. This little dude is a clever one and knows full well he is being a cheeky monkey right now asking that.