Confusion

I must have slept in because by the time I managed to pry myself out of bed and downstairs the kitchen was full of bodies organising breakfast and the delicious tastes were enveloping the house in a yummy goodness that was making my stomach growl in joy at my mums cooking.

Tyler and his family were spending time with Miley, Jayden, Dylan, Emily and Katie, Rob and Max so it was just my other brothers, the twins and my folks. Hunter was later than me after having an interesting night with some local girl by the accounts of Nat and Cameron whilst  Grayson was being very quiet on the entire boys night out.

Everytime I looked over to him to gauge his expression as my brothers riled off the nights antics he'd pointedly look away from me and was clearly avoiding making eye contact.

I couldn't help but feel a little bit sick at the thought that he'd broken our agreement already and found someone far better than me, especially after what happened between us in the ocean yesterday so rather than eat I simply pushed the food around the plate with my fork.

As Hunter burst in the house the atmosphere lightened and I was relieved when he slid into the seat next to me and planted a kiss on my cheek before stealing a sausage from my plate and eating it down within three bites.

"Cheers sweetie" he chuckled looking like the cat that got the cream and the line of hickeys that sat bruised red and purple along the side of his neck inidicated that he had indeed had a good night.

"Nice hickeys" i snigger rolling my eyes at his boyish grin and his playboy antics.

"Yeh well you had a huge hickey earlier on in the week so don't bitch at me !" Hunter scoffs proudly knowing full well he has just unleashed the demons from hell. The next noise is cutlery dripping from a height crashing into plates as Nat and Cameron drop their knifes and forks in horror before angrily getting up  to their feet as their chairs fly backwards.

Nats hands swipe my long hair over my shoulders before he searches my neck for the love bite in question as I gaze on at mom for rescue.

"Leave her alone Nathan and finish eating your food" mom snipes gesturing with her fork as a warning at my brother

"Who gave you a hickey lil sis? I'll kill him" Cameron spits with clenched fists beside him

"Hunter is winding you up" I try to lie keeping my best calm and unaffected facial expression whilst Grayson squirms slightly in his chair

"All I know is she didn't have it before my fight but Monday morning she was at the gym with a big hickey on her neck" Hunter carries on stirring the pot enjoying the show. " you must have seen it Grayson. I mean we all saw what she worn out Saturday night, it's no surprise really" Hunters bloody mouth just don't shut up as he shrugs his shoulders suggestively

"I can't really remember" Grayson lies aswell clearly uncomfortable at being brought into it. His denial just gets my back up thought because along with his coldness this morning and the thought of what he'd got up to last night flips me onto the bolder braver side of my personality for the second time in as many days.

"Let the poor girl be boys" my dad suggests calmly as I watch him get up with his empty plate and head back to the kitchen before I lean into the table and talk quietly.

"Ok I put my hands up Saturday night was messy, I got very drunk. I was on a date which went well, but then he went and there were a few guys I danced with and they got a bit handsy and that's probably where the hickey came from" I act innocently enjoying as my words put my brothers and the twins on the edge of their seats.

Grayson finally makes eye contact looking so angry it's unreal, luckily it's mistaken as protectiveness but we both know the real cause of it. Damn, he is seething with jealousy.