XXIX

Delilah

A couple of days had passed since Kyle's reunion party. I was just laying on the couch in Kyle's home as he gave me a day off. Ethan and Louis went back to Los Angeles yesterday. Louis wanted to stay but I insisted he'd be with Ethan so Ethan could rely on him while I'm here. Quinn seemed to be kind of living here as well since I never see her leave.

"Mrs. Scott," I heard the housekeeper say. "Do you want me to make some breakfast for you?" She asked me very politely. I sat down to look at her and smiled brightly. She was a kind woman, she always cleaned the house and made food for us.

"I would love to, Cynthia," I told her and she immediately went to the kitchen. I guess this was something she loved, cooking and cleaning. Unlike Quinn, Cynthia did leave every night around nine. On the weekends she had the time off so my guess was she has a family.

"Good morning, I see Kyle told you to take some rest," Quinn said as she sat down beside me on the couch. I slowly nodded at her as there was still an awkward tension between us. "You are very popular on the news," Quinn said and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't care about being in the spotlight, you know that," I told Quinn as I stood up from the couch. I walked over to the kitchen and sat down on a bar stool at the kitchen counter. I let out a deep sigh when I checked my Twitter.

"Talk to me," Grayson tweeted me and I immediately swiped sway. I wasn't in for talking to him. I gave him a second chance and he ruined it. Whatever he wanted to discuss, it's not important enough. Not even an apology is worth it anymore. Cynthia put a plate full of pancakes in front of me and a cup of coffee.

"Thank you," I said to her with a smile on my face. Cynthia never failed to surprise me. She knew the flavours I loved and always made a dish that's exactly what I wanted without me even telling her.

"I can see something's bothering you. Do you wanna talk about it?" Cynthia asked as she said on a bar stool in front of me on the other side of the kitchen counter. I slowly shrugged my shoulders as I took small bites from the pancakes.

"There's this friend, I've known him since we were six years old. When I was sixteen he left with his twin brother. I didn't even get a goodbye. Now, two years later he is so... cold," I told Cynthia as I wondered about Grayson in my mind.

"Is that the boy you that's in a gang?" Cynthia asked as she seemed very interested to help me. I stopped chewing my food for a second as I imagined how she could know Grayson was in a gang. "I saw Kyle with a gun, it had your initials and when I heard him on the phone it all made sense to me," Cynthia explained and I gave her a small nod that I understood her.

"Yeah, it's about Grayson," I told her as I took a small sip from my coffee. "Right before I came back here, Grayson was missing for a week. I was worried sick. But he came back, full of tattoos, dyed hair and piercings. He cared more about the gang then me..." I whispered the full story to Cynthia so she could understand why I was bothered by Grayson.

"For me it seems like Grayson is under pressure, like he has the need to push you away. I'm not defending him but, have you ever thought about who the leader might be? Most gang members are under pressure by the leader so my guess is Grayson is as well," Cynthia said. I slowly nodded at her as a response so she knew I was listening. I bit my bottom lip as I was about to answer her but my phone interrupted us.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to her as I grabbed my phone. To my surprise Grayson was trying to FaceTime me, and I wouldn't be me if my curiosity took over. I accepted the call and I instantly saw blond haired Grayson on my screen. "What do you want, Gray?" I asked him right away. I wasn't into talking to him, hell I didn't even want to see him but I gave him this one chance to talk. Maybe something was wrong, something I needed to know?

"I miss you, Delilah," Grayson answered me and I immediately rolled my eyes at him. I grabbed my coffee and took a sip from it as I didn't answer him. "Please, come back," Grayson went on and I looked at him again.

"Now, why would I?" I asked him sarcastically. I raised an eyebrow and I knew Grayson didn't like it when I was heartless, but he deserved it.

"Because I need you..." Grayson said and I swear there may be a few tears in his eyes. I stared at him for a while as I let his words sink in my head. I slowly shook my head as I put my phone down and his my face in my hands. Why does Grayson have this power to fuck with my feelings? I heard the front door opening up but Kyle was already in the hall way.

"Kyle!" I said surprised and immediately hung up the FaceTime call, leaving Grayson in the cold. I picked myself up and forced a fake smile on my face as Kyle gave me a kiss on the cheek. I looked at me phone which was now locked as Grayson's words were spooking in my head. I miss you, I need you...