XLIII

Delilah's POV.

"I wanna see her," I heard somewhere far away. It felt like my ears were blocked or somehow forgot how to work. My head felt massive and my body made it clear it was not happy with me. I just did not know why. My memory was a total blur, the only thing I knew was my name. Lizzy Danvers. It felt wrong, why did my own name feel wrong? Ok, time to get back to reality. I did not even open up my eyes yet and I was already worrying about my own damn name. Lizzy, focus... A slight light flare blinded me as I tried to open up my eyes. It was clear my eyes needed to get used to the lightning or someone just stupidly put a bright light in front of my eyes. "Shut up!" I heard somewhere in the distance again but this time I also felt someone grabbing my hand. I groaned softly as I could finally open up my eyes. I was in a dark room, at least I thought. The ceiling I was looking up to was black. The only light in the room was aiming towards me. "Lizzy? Can you hear me?" Someone said and I noticed the person just now beside me. It was Tal holding my hand.

"Yes, I can hear you," I barely said above a whisper. My throat was dry and hurting. I tried to sit once I realized I was laying down.

"Easy," Tal said when I sat down. He held my hand tightly and I figured he would not let go of it. Now that I was sitting down, I could see the room better. The walls were also black and the light that was aiming on me was shut down. Other lights were put on and these were more soft. My eyes did not hurt anymore but my head did.

"Where am I?" I asked Tal and my voice was more noticeable. My head kept hurting like it was smashed with a sledgehammer but I tried to ignore it. I knew if I kept focusing on it, it would become worse. I looked at Tal and noticed his body language changed as someone came near us.

"You're at home, Lizzy," Miranda said and I frowned at her. "Don't you remember? You had an accident yesterday but luckily you weren't hurt badly," She said and my headache made much more sense now. "How are you feeling?" She asked as she put her hand on my forehead to measure my body temperature.

"Little unsure and mostly in pain but I will manage," I responded to her and she smiled softly at me. She moved her hand away from my forehead and grabbed a cup. She slowly handed it over to me and I quickly put the cup on my mouth and drank the liquid. My throat was thankful and I closed my eyes to enjoy it. Drinking was a bit painful but as my throat got less dry, the pain faded away.

"You will need some rest, you can stay here until you two are ready to move back in with your friends," Miranda said as I put the cup away. I frowned at her as nothing made sense of what she said. Moving back in with our friends? Who were our friends and why couldn't I remember living with them?

"Who?" I asked after a cough. My memory was still a blur but every time I tried to remember something, it seemed like I just erased another memory.

"Your friends," Miranda said and I saw she became a bit nervous because of me. "You used to live with Tal, Adi, Emily and your other friends. Down town?" Miranda said but still her words did not make any sense. I slowly shook my head at her as a response I still did not know what she was talking about. "Let's not focus on that, you need your rest," Miranda said and before I knew she walked away. Her appearance frightened me somehow, like she knew more about me then I knew about myself. I looked towards Tal, hoping he could tell me more but nothing was coming off of him.

"Don't look at me like that, I know as much as you," Tal said as he shrugged his shoulders. I exhaled deeply and laid my head back as I wanted to remember everything again. What was the accident I had? Why was I here and who were these friends I used to live with? I closed my eyes as I got frustrated by myself. This must be a side effect of my headache, there was nothing to worry about. I was healthy and I needed to be grateful for that after the accident. "I felt the same way when I woke up," Tal said and I immediately opened up my eyes to look at him.

"Like what?" I asked him as I was deeply in curiosity.

"Like someone took my life away with the accident, nothing made sense to me anymore when I woke up," Tal said and it was the same as how I felt. I frowned a bit as I looked away and thought about it. Maybe I was just overthinking it. If there was something wrong I would have definitely know it. Tal grabbed my hand again and I looked up to him.

"Let's forget it," I said and smiled brightly at him. I needed to let go of this feeling because I knew I would harm myself with the idea of it. Nothing was wrong, I just had an accident and I needed to recover from it. Let it go...