Chapter 5: Alone with Marie

Narrator POV

It was 8:30pm in Octocanyon. The wind was thick, but felt nice. The dusk of the sky was a dark blue with hence of purple mist. The only activity in the area was Leon and Marie. Marie was assigned to Leon to show him around and get him used to things. They were quite aways from the base, so they had nice walk with Leon playing 20 questions with her.

Leon POV

Leon: So Marie, thats your grandfather??

Marie: Yes, his name is Craig, Craig Cuttlefish. He raised me and Callie all our life...simpler times...

Leon looked at Marie with confusion.

Leon: Simpler times?

Marie: Things change Leon, Squidbeak...you put your life on the line...no one really looks up to you, being a hero isn't really cut out for me anymore...

Leon: Sometimes change is good! I mean look at me! Just some dumb sports kid looking for competition and is now a damn agent?! Talk about WOW!

Marie giggled at his statement and agreed that change can also be good.

Marie: Speaking of you being a dumb sports kid...

Leon glared at her.

Marie: What brings you Inkopolis?

Leon: Well its mostly for my career in turf wars. Im the 3rd best player in the nation as of right now. I came here to further that, but since your Callie has gone missing, the whole league is closed and the city is disappointed. And now im here, walking with a famous idol, becoming a undercover agent for the good of all.

Marie just stopped and looked at Leon.

Marie: Im sorry you came here on such a crisis...

Leon: Don't be sorry, i want to make sure you get your sister back, nothing will stop me or us.

Marie just starred at him, then smiled.

Narrator POV

The two continued there walk until Marie heard a strange noice.

Marie POV

Marie heard what sounded like snarling, but she wasn't sure of it. She heard it again and began to get nervous. She walked closer to Leon, folding her umbrella up for better movement.

Leon: Is something wrong?

Marie: ....Nothing just...were almost there

Marie was practilly shoulder to shoulder with Leon, but he didn't seem to mind it. Marie and Leon soon arrived at the grounds.

Marie: Here we are agent 4, make yourself at home, where would you like to start first?

Leon was looking around, he saw a small house with a couch outside of it. Seemed cozy.

Leon: Where would you start?

Marie: Well, for starters, let's get you into something more, appropriat.

Leon was still wearing casual wear.

Marie: since your one of us now, lets get you your hero gear.

Marie has been waiting for this new agent for some time now and created a suit for the male inkling. Leon followed her to a small house that said "GEAR" on the outside. The two entered and Marie shut the door behind them.

Leon: So whats the deal? Do I have to wear special clothing?

Marie: Only on missions but as of right now, your just trying on what ive made.