More Tea. Oh! And Appa!

I was looking down at the ground, when I bumped into the counter, and started to fall backwards. I felt two hand catch me, and bring me back up. I smiled and looked back to see Zuko, "Be careful, (Y/N) I wouldn't want my girlfriend to hurt herself."

Girlfriend.

That felt good. 

For the first time since I left Team Avatar, I had a nightmare-less night. 

Two customers approached Iroh. A customer was waving down Zuko, so I walked over to Iroh to see what was going on.

 "So, you're the genius behind this incredible brew. The whole city is buzzing about you! I hope Pao pays you well." A man said.

"Good tea is its own reward." Iroh replied. 

You know what else is a good reward? Money.

"But it doesn't have to be the only reward. How would you like to have your own tea shop?"

Iroh looked delighted, "My own tea shop? This is a dream come true!"

Pao approached us, concerned, "What's going on here? Are you trying to poach my tea-maker?"

Yes. We're going to make money now.

"Sorry Pao, but that's business for you, am I right?" The man replied. 

"Mushi, if you stay, I'll make you assistant manager. Wait, senior assistant manager!"

Uh-huh...

"I'll provide you with a new apartment in the Upper Ring. The tea shop is yours to do whatever you want, complete creative freedom."

"I even get to name the shop?" Iroh asked. 

"Of course!"

"Uh, senior executive assistant manager?" Pao tried. 

"Sorry, but this is clearly a better offer." I said to Pao, not very sorry.

Iroh handed him a tea pot, and Pao walked away sadly. 

Zuko walked by us, and Iroh turned to him, "Did you hear, nephew? This man wants to give us our own tea shop in the Upper Ring of the city!"

"That's right, young man, your life is about to change for the better!" The man told Zuko. 

Clearly, he didn't know Zuko. 

"I'll try to contain my joy." Zuko walked outside, slamming the door shut. 

"I should go check on him," I said to Iroh. He nodded, and I ran out after Zuko. 

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Maybe the fact that my life has been reduced to nothing but a simple life in a tea shop in Ba Sing Se. I'm a nobody now."

"You're not a nobody. You could never be a nobody. Not to me. Isn't that enough?" I replied.

Zuko turned away. I guess that answered my question. I turned to him, suddenly angry, "you think this is easy for me? I left my friends, for you. Because I was concerned for you. Now, I have to pretend I'm someone that I'm not because your father wants to kidnap me, or kill me, or I don't even know what."

"Well, if you feel that way why are you still here?"

"Why am I still here? Because I love you, stupid. But all you can do is sit around, brooding all day."

Just then a flyer fell from the sky, right in front of us. I knelt down and picked it up. It was a poster of Appa. He was missing. 

I gasped.