Bato

After our little encounter with Zuko, we had resumed our flying once again. We came across a village, which was clearly in danger of complete destruction due to a nearby volcano. 

But believe me when I tell you, the people of this village were crazy superstitious. They would only really listen to the word of a fortune teller. Needless to say, we manipulated the clouds in order to fake a 'sign' and convinced the villagers to evacuate. 

Nothing special. 

We had just landed in a field with a close proximity to a body of water. Aang held up a sword, "Hey look! A sword made out of a whales tooth!"

Sokka snatched it away, "Let me see that," he closely inspected the sword. I peered at it, it looked oddly familiar to the decorative weapons my mother used to keep. 

"This is a water tribe weapon," Sokka confirmed my suspicions, "see if you can find anything else,"

We looked around for any more water tribe type weapons. Katara walked into our search, "Uh... did someone lose something?"

"On the contrary Katara, we found a water tribe weapon," I answered while Sokka and Aang continued to search. 

Sokka picked up another weapon, which was clearly burned, "It's burned," yeah Sokka I could of told you that. 

He then ran to a tree and touched the burn and sword marks there, "Water Tribe warriors ambushed a group of fire benders, they fought back but the warriors drove them down this hill," he followed the trail down the hill. We ran close behind. The trail ended at a beach. 

"And then what?" Aang asked. 

"I don't know the trail stops here."

I looked to the right, "Hey guys, what about that boat?"

"Wait! Look!" Katara exclaimed pointing at the boat. Yes Katara, I just pointed that out, but ok.

"It's one of our boats!" Sokka yelled. 

They both ran towards it. Aang and I followed.

"Is it dad's boat?" I heard Katara ask. 

"No, but it's from his fleet," Sokka smiled, "Dad was here."

***

By the time night fall had come around, we decided to camp by the boat. I lit a fire for the camp, and Aang was snuggled up on Appa, Katara in her sleeping bag. Sokka and I stayed up staring at the fire. 

Then we heard rustling. I got into a fighting position and Sokka lifted his weapon. 

"Who's there?" Sokka asked. 

"Sokka?" The man answered.

"Bato??" Sokka said, smiling. 

Who the heck is Bato? Aang and Katara got up, "who the what now?" Aang said groggily. 

"Bato!" Katara shared Sokka's excitement. They both ran towards him and embraced him. 

"Sokka! Katara! It is so good to see you two. You've grown so much,"

"Hi," I said to him, because I felt an introduction of myself was very necessary. 

"Katya?"

"What? No. I'm (Y/N). Katya was my mother."