Epilogue

(A/N): Stick around for a sneak peek of my new story!

Wedding Day. 

Now there's a day I never thought would come. Wow. After all this time, Zuko and I were getting married. 

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess and I was still in pajamas.

Wow.

I was getting married. In 4 hours. Wow.

Not only was I marrying the love of my life, the first person to actually believe in me, the man I'd considered family, even after the betrayal, the bloodlust, and the crazy, but I was becoming the Fire Lady. For real. That is insane. 

Fire Lord's have the authority to officiate weddings, but it's his wedding. Why the hell would he officiate it? So, guess who's not only Zuko's best man, but also officiating our wedding?

That's right. Avatar Aang. 

Wow.

Sorry, I keep saying that, don't I? I can't help it. Oh my god. I'm getting married! 

I heard a knock at my door, "come in!"

It was my maid of honor, looking as radiant as ever. Following her was 5 or 6 maids running into my bathroom with supplies. Katara was ready for the wedding, even though we did have a solid four hours. She looked at me up and down- horrified. 

"Katara?"

"Why are you nowhere NEAR ready??" She practically screamed in my face.

"Uh, because I'm not getting married for four hours?"

"MAKEUP TAKES TIME, PERFECTION TAKES TIME, (Y/N). ARE YOU CRAZY?? TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES AND GO TO THE BATH RIGHT NOW. I AM CALLING THE MAIDS."

"Damn, who spit in your sea prunes this morning?"

Katara's face turned red, "who spit in my- GO GET READY!"

I'm genuinely scared right now. I walked into my bathroom, where the maids were scurrying about, getting my bath ready. I undressed and put one foot in the bath, then the other, letting myself sink into the aromatic water. Two maids fiddled with my hair, combing it and washing it. Two more maids were scrubbing my body, and one maid was scrubbing my feet. I'd received this treatment before but I couldn't help but jerk every time the maid's dainty hands scraped my foot. It tickled! The bath was over, but it took an hour. A maid came to fan-dry my hair, but I stopped her. I looked at myself in the mirror, and manipulated the water droplets out of my hair, leaving it dried and perfect. The maid nodded, clearly impressed. I slipped on robes and exited the bathroom where Toph had joined Katara. I had never seen Toph with makeup on. "Toph! You look amazing!"

Toph beamed, "I'd say the same for you but... you know-"

I laughed, "blind jokes will never get old."

Katara glared at me, "are you going to talk, or are you going to continue getting ready?"

"Calm down! You're way too tense Katara."

She scoffed and made me sit down in front of a mirror. A few maids were tying my hair into an intricate updo, with strands of my hair falling delicately down my face. Simultaneously, maids worked on my makeup, starting with eyeshadow, and eyeliner- to highlight my eyes, and then moving on to adding a rosy color to my cheeks, and my lips. After they were done I looked in the mirror. I would never describe myself as beautiful, but I looked different. Older. 

I turned around to face Katara and Toph. Katara's eyes looked watery. 

"Uh, Katara? Are you ok?"

She wiped away her tears, "yeah," she coughed, "yeah, it's just- you look so good! I- I'm so proud of you, (Y/N)"

Awwwwwwww. She does have a heart. I hugged her and she sniffled a few times. 

Now it was time for the dress. 

Traditionally, Fire Nation weddings require a white dress with red and gold highlights. Mine was a little different. It was white, red, gold, and blue. An intricate golden dragon and serpent design spiraled in the white spot, and the ends of the sleeves, as well as the belt area, were either red or blue. 

The dress was gorgeous. The maids helped me put it on, then put a veil over my face. After that, they put large gold earrings on me, and a gold bracelet. Then, the maid brought in a necklace box. She bowed and handed it to me. I looked at the box. There was a fan painted on it. Zuko. I smiled and opened the box. A note covered the necklace. I picked up the note and looked at the necklace. It was a gold chain with a pendant on it, that being my family's crest. It was my necklace. I picked up the note. It read, "One of our earliest memories together is me helping you put on this very necklace. And I barely ever saw you take it off during those years. You've worn my engagement necklace long enough, I mean- we're getting married, aren't we? Maybe it's time you wear the necklace I know you've been longing for. Besides, I have a matching bracelet. Can't wait to see you. Love you forever, Zuko."

I smiled at the note, then carefully folded it and slipped it in my drawer. The maids helped me with the necklace and then Katara freaked. 

"Katara, what's wrong?"

"Your wedding is literally right now. It's now. YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE TO YOUR OWN WEDDING."

"Ok, chill. Let's start walking to the gardens now. Besides, it's my wedding. It doesn't start until I get there. I'm always on time."

Toph snorted, "she's got a point."

We all but ran (because of Katara) to my wedding. I walked into the gardens and was met with Zuko's golden eyes immediately. He smiled, but he couldn't exactly see my smile back under the veil. I sat next to him, on our pillow, overlooking the rest of the nation. We turned to each other, and Zuko lifted my veil. I looked at him, and he looked back at me. 

"(Y/N)? Promise me you'll stand with me?"

"Always."

He smiled, "I love you."

I placed a hand on my stomach, "and I love you, Zuko."

THE END

(A/N): I am releasing a new story. It will be called "Blazing". It is an Avatar AU. It is also a Zuko x Reader. (Y/N) is still the duel bender, but there are some differences including her relationship with her parents. The characters are older than in the original, and Zuko starts the story without his scar. They are in high school, the plot is modernized. There is still a war, but I will be developing on (Y/N) and Zuko's early relationship more than I did in this story. Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph come later. That story will likely be longer than this one was. 

SNEAK PEEK 1: 

He looked confused, "but, that doesn't make any sense. The doctor said you hit your head hard. She said you have a concussion."

"Nope! No concussion! I'm completely fine. So, I'm just going to grab my phone," I walked over to the nightstand and picked my phone up, "and take my leave. Goodbye Prince Zuko."

"Zuko."

"Yes, I am aware of your name," I rolled my eyes.

"No. You called me Prince Zuko. You can drop the formalities (Y/N). I know that we could be closer, but your father is- uh, was, my father's most trusted advisor. I'd like to think that gives us a degree of informality."

"...ok. Prince Zuko without the Prince, I'm going to take my leave." 

"Don't call me that!"

SNEAK PEEK 2: 

We made it to my room. He stopped walking and turned to face me completely. His eyes stared into mine. They were warm. I could see my own reflection in them. He raised his hand and moved a piece of my hair behind my ear, "thank you."

I smiled at him, my heart beating fast, "anytime Zuko."