BONUS CHAPTER 2

Time Period: Not too long after the wedding (1-2 years)

[(Y/N)'s POV]

Zuko should be coming home soon. I had left the planning for a newly united city, where all benders could live in harmony, early. But judging by the time, it should be over by now. I felt my stomach gurgle. 

Shit. Not again. 

I ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. God, what the hell is going on?

I heard footsteps. 

   "(Y/N)? Are you in here? I'm home."

   I coughed, "Yeah, Zuko. I'm-" I retched into the toilet again.  

This is disgusting. 

Zuko ran into the bathroom, "Are you okay?" His voice was laced in concern. He knelt by me and held my hair back, as I threw up in the toilet another time. I felt slightly better, so I assumed I was done.

   I coughed, "Sorry."

   "For what?"

   "You're probably disgusted, right?"

"Disgusted? Of course not. You're my wife. Throwing up isn't going to make me hate you. I'm just," he sighed, "I'm worried. You've done this basically every morning and night. I think I should take you to the doctor." 

   "I'm fine, Zuko. Don't worry about me."

   "I'm insisting."

   "I'm a healer, what can the doctor do, that I can't?"

   "You can heal, but you're not a doctor. You haven't studied symptoms and things like that. You don't know that nothing is wrong."

I got up and washed my hands. Then I gargled since my mouth felt and tasted disgusting. I walked up to Zuko and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Hey. It's getting late. I'll be fine, okay? Let's go to sleep."

   "But... what if there's something seriously wrong with you?"

   "I'm the Dual Bender. It's gonna take a lot more than throwing up to end me."

Zuko seemed uncomfortable, but he yawned. I knew he was tired. Plans for Republic City was taking up both of our lives. It didn't help that I knew something was wrong with me. I just didn't want him to worry. Over the course of the past few weeks, I had been throwing up, crying over nothing, eating way more than I should, and I had gained weight. I couldn't tell him that I felt like shit half the time. I didn't want him to get distracted. Republic City, a plan for all benders to live together in harmony was much more important. 

Maybe I'll talk with Toph and Katara about it tomorrow. We were supposed to hang out.

I stretched and wrapped my arms around Zuko's neck, "Come on, Fire Lord Zuko. You need to rest."

Zuko nodded, but he still looked concerned. I pulled him onto the bed, and he fell asleep pretty quickly. He was exhausted. I laid down on his chest and fell asleep to the sound of his breath. 

***

I woke up early that morning, my stomach bothering me yet again. I ran to the bathroom, waking Zuko up. He stumbled out of bed and followed me, pulling my hair back for me again. I threw up in the toilet, yet again. I hated this. He shouldn't have to take care of me. He has a nation to care for. We have a nation to care for. 

   "(Y/N)!"

I coughed. My stomach was empty, there was nothing more to throw up. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and turned to face Zuko. 

   "You have to let me take you to the doctor."

   "Zuko. You have early plans with Aang right now. Go. I'll be fine."

   "But-"

   "I'll go out with Katara and Toph, okay? Katara knows more about medicine and healing than I do. I'll ask her about it. Don't worry about me."

   Zuko shifted, "I don't want to leave you like this."

   "Zuko. I'm throwing up. I'm not bleeding out. I am fine."

   Zuko glanced away. 

   "Hey," I turned his face towards mine, "I love you."

   "I love you too."

   "Go. Peace doesn't achieve itself."

Zuko nodded and went to get ready. I got ready and met Katara and Toph at the front of the Palace. 

   Toph grinned, "(Y/N). If it isn't my favorite bibending prodigy."

   "I'm the only bibender you know," I laughed.

   Katara smiled at me, "How's being the Fire Lady?"

"Ah, same old, same old. I have more responsibilities, but right now Zuko's taking care of them. He thinks I'm dying or something. So overdramatic," I sighed, "But I know he's just scared of losing me, again. I went missing for months, then I literally died. He's... we've been through a lot together. I can't blame him for being scared. I just wished he didn't worry so much."

I used to not understand other's feelings. I mean, I'm still kind of sarcastic and pretty blunt... but I've grown. I'm older now. I... I can sympathize more with people. Dying does that to you.

   Katara nodded, "Why's Zuko worried? Are you sick?"

   Toph's foot shifted, "Yeah, there's something about you that's really different. Did you gain weight?"

   "Ouch, you really know how to make a girl feel better about herself," I laughed. 

   Toph's feet shifted towards me again. Her facial expression changed, "No, (Y/N). I think you're... uh-" she nudged Katara. 

   Katara's eyes widened, "(Y/N). When you say Zuko thinks you might be dying, what exactly are you talking about?"

"Uh, well as far as he knows I throw up every morning, and every night. But, that's not really all. I'm constantly tired, my uh- breasts hurt, I also have to pee. A lot. Speaking of which, I think I need to go to the nearest bathroom," I excused myself before hearing what Katara and Toph had to say. 

Why did they look so surprised? Unlike Zuko, they didn't look worried. They just seemed, really surprised. I washed my hands and headed back to where they were. 

   Katara looked at me, "(Y/N). When's the last time you and Zuko... uh...."

   "Uh... what?"

   Toph shifted, "You know. Did the thing."

   "The thing-? Sex?" I thought for a moment, "He's been pretty busy, but I think five weeks ago? Why?"

   Katara sighed, "For someone so smart, you're acting kind of dumb."

   "Excuse me?"

   "(Y/N). Think about your symptoms. Fatigue, constant urination, breast pain, gaining weight, morning sickness...?"

Oh. 

Oh. 

Wow.

My eyes widened. 

Toph and Katara nodded. 

   I slapped myself, "I'm an idiot!"

   Toph nodded, "I wasn't going to say anything- oh who am I kidding, I totally was."

I looked down at my stomach. There was in fact a small bump, but I just assumed it was weight gain due to all the random cravings I was having. Oh my god. 

Random cravings. 

I'm so pregnant. 

I looked up at Katara and Toph. They were both smiling. 

   "I'm carrying Zuko's child."

To be continued in BONUS CHAPTER 3