Well then, who the Hell is Zuko's dad?

(A/N): Just wanted to thank you for 2K reads!

[(Y/N)'s POV]

"Zuko! What the hell? Do you think... for real? You... you're not Ozai's son?"

"It explains a lot. That's why Ozai was able to banish me without a second thought! I'm not his son." Zuko said. 

"Ok, but why didn't he just kill you?" I asked. 

"He was about to! The night before my mother left, my grandfather commanded my father to take my life as punishment for asking for Iroh's birthright. Ozai didn't even argue. He was just going to do it." Zuko said. 

"I thought that was a joke Azula played on you. He never went through with it?" I am currently very confused. 

"My mother must have stopped him somehow..." Zuko mused. 

"I'm gonna stop you right there. Then he would have just killed you when your mother left. You're not thinking rationally. It can't be true, it should not be true," I said.

"Why? All night, I've had this odd sense of ... hope."

"Hope? Are you crazy. You know what this means right? It means being the Fire Lord isn't your birthright. It's.. well, it's Azula's. We need you, Zuko. What about the future of the Fire Nation? Our nation?"

Zuko looked deep in thought, but it was ruined when Azula came hurtling through the underbrush, seething, "There you are! She told you to steal that letter out of my boot, didn't she?! Give it back! I'm not letting her win," her crazed look was back. I never thought I'd say this but... I'm scared.

Azula lunged at Zuko, pummeling fire at him. Zuko dodged, but he was tiring, "Uh? (Y/N)? Help?"

"Oh! Right, sorry my bad," I said before stopping Azula in her spot. 

"My goodness, soon to be sister-in-law, when are you going to understand my talents and mastery in two elements, exceeds yours in one?" Lightning crackled at my fingertips, "now tell me, where's Sokka, Katara, and Aang?"

"She's not going to get away with this!" Azula screamed, "Give it back! GIVE IT BACK!" she writhed in my grasp.

I turned to Zuko, causing me to loosen my grip, "what is wrong wi-"

Azula lunged at Zuko, grabbing the letter, "You tell her this is my destiny!" Azula jumped in the air. 

"No!" Zuko yelled, grabbing his sisters foot, sending her hitting the ground hard. They were at the edge of a cliff. 

"Zuko, be careful," I said. 

"I can handle my sister."

"Well... everything that has happened leading up to this moment tells me... no.. no you can't," I said. 

Zuko turned to his sister, "rom the day you were born, you've put me through so much," he grabbed Azula's collar, lifting her over his head, "Why, Azula?! Why'd our relationship have to be like this?!" 

"Was this her plan all along? Is she whispering in your ear right now to throw me over the cliff?!" Azula whispered. 

"You're not making any sense!" Zuko screamed in desperation. 

"All my life, she's kept me from my true destiny! Don't deny it, Zuko! She told you I had the letter hidden in my boot! She told you to wait until I was asleep to- Wait a minute. You've had the letter all night. Why didn't you burn it when you had the chance? Tell me, dear brother. Why?" Azula said. Zuko dropped her to the ground and she scattered to grab the letter, "It's almost like you want me to have it!"