The Boiling Rock PART TWO

It was a great day in my cell. Truly amazing. I was sitting there, minding my own business, when two guards took me to another isolated room and put me in a chair. One guard accidentally tripped over the leg of the chair.

I shot him a look of annoyance, "hey do you mind? I'm trying to be imprisoned in peace. People these days have no manners," I rolled my eyes.

I noticed there was another chair next to me, except no one was there, it was empty. Ok, I guess.

I turned to the guard, "so, you know I'm only staying here out of courtesy, right? I could break out of here anytime," I said jokingly, even though technically, I wasn't lying in the slightest.

"Ha ha, very funny," the guard rolled his eyes.

"Thanks, I kno-"

I heard a series of bangs, then an all to familiar voice, "What are you doing? Where are you taking me?" Zuko was thrown in the chair next to me, "(Y/N)?"

I smiled at him, "Hey... you too?"

He chuckled, then his face turned grim again, "I didn't do anything wrong!" he yelled.

"Come on, Zuko. We know that's a lie," Mai entered the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Mai!" Zuko said, shocked.

"Heyyyyy, Mai! Remember me? (Y/N)? We were friends, right?" I said, sarcastically.

She scoffed, "friends? What alternate reality are you living in?"

"How did you know I was here?" Zuko asked Mai.

"Because I know you so well."

I glared at her, "I know him better."

She rolled her eyes, "The warden's my uncle, you idiot," she held up a letter, "the truth is, I guess I don't know you. All I get is a letter? You could have least looked me in the eye when you ripped out my heart."

"Hey, at least he didn't attack you and your friends in front of you," I said chuckling.

"(Y/N)? Seriously?" Zuko looked at me like I was crazy.

"Hey, I'm just say-"

""Dear Mai, I'm sorry you that you have to find out this way, but I'm leaving,"" Mai cut me off, by reading the letter out loud.

"Ouch-" I said. No one payed attention to me.

"Stop! This isn't about you. This is about the Fire Nation!" Zuko exclaimed.

"Ouch again..." I faked a wince.

"Thanks Zuko, that makes me feel all better," Mai threw the letter in his face.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" I chanted, but stopped when Zuko glared at me. No one can take a joke these days.

Zuko stood up to face Mai, "Mai, I never wanted to hurt you. But I have to do this to save my country."

"Save it? You're betraying your country! You left for her," she pointed an accusatory finger at me, "everyone knows you're still in love with her. The way you acted on Ember Island? Please."

"Keep her out of it!" Zuko yelled.

"Hey, I think we should all take a deep breath, and calm down," I said, getting up.

"Shut up!" She flung a knife at me. I ducked, and it plunged into the wall.

"Mai, what the-" Zuko started yelling at her, but I cut him off.

"Hey, that wasn't very nice. I feel really attacked right now," Mai lifted her hand to grab another knife, but I took a deep breath, raised my hands, and felt the blood rushing through her veins. Then I forced her hands to her sides, "didn't I say, that wasn't very nice?"