The Crossroads of Destiny

All good things must come to an end.

I wished that wasn't true, but the second we stepped foot into the palace, it was clear.

We were approaching the palace when Iroh said, "Many times I imagined myself here, at the threshold of the palace. But I always thought I would be here as a conqueror. Instead, we are the Earth King's personal guests, here to serve him tea. Destiny is a funny thing."

"It sure is, Uncle" Zuko said cheerfully. I loved this new, cheerful Zuko. I reached for his hand, and he complied. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

We entered the palace and sat in front of the throne, for what felt like forever. Iroh poured a cup of tea.

"What's taking so long?" Zuko asked.

"I don't know but I have a really bad feeling about this."

"Maybe the Earth King overslept." Iroh said.

"Don't you think someone would have told us if the Earth King overslept? Besides, what kind of King oversleeps?? Doesn't he have kingly duties to attend too?" I said.

Suddenly Dai Li agents surrounded us and I felt a chill go down my spine, "Something's not right." Zuko said.

"Agreed." I nodded.

Azula emerged from the circle of Dai Li agents, "It's tea ti-"

"Are you kidding me? Can't your sadistic self leave us alone?" I cut her off.

Zuko got up, "Azula!"

"Have you met the Dai Li? They're earth benders, but they have a killer instinct that's so fire bender. I just love it."

"Have you met (Y/N)? She's a water bender, but actually she's a fire bender. I just love it." I said to her.

"Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname "the Dragon of the West"?" Iroh asked Azula. I grinned, I knew what was coming.

"I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, Uncle." Azula said.

"It's more of a demonstration, really." Iroh took a sip of his tea, Zuko and I smiled at each other before stepping back, behind Iroh.

Iroh opened his mouth, causing him to breathe fire

Iroh opened his mouth, causing him to breathe fire. Dai Li agents started surrounding us, but we ran. Iroh blasted a hole in the wall using lightning, then he and I jumped. Zuko stopped at the edge, "Zuko! Come on! Let's go!" I yelled.

"No! I'm tired of running! It's time I faced Azula!" Zuko yelled back at me.

Iroh ran, but I hid behind the bush, listening to Zuko's conversation with Azula

"You're so dramatic. What? Are you going to challenge me to an Agni Kai?" Azula asked him.

"Yes! I challenge you!" Zuko yelled.