The Blood Bender + Invasion (almost)

Appa stopped at a village, and we all sat in a cave.

I know this village. I know I do.

Something about it is so eerily familiar.

"Suddenly, they heard something down the hall in the dark. Oooh ... It came into the torchlight ... and they knew the blade of Wing Fung was haunted" Sokka yelled, finishing his ghost story that I was not paying attention too.

"Shut up, Sokka. You're not scary." I said to him, distracted.

"I'd like to see you do something better, (Y/N)"

Aang yawned, "stop kidding yourself, she probably could."

Katara stifled a laugh. 

Something about this town...

Katara started telling a story about her mom, my mom, and some girl name Nini. I wasn't paying attention. Usually, I clung on to any story that involved my mother.

Toph was going on about hearing people screaming under the mountain.

But something about this t-Oh my god.

It's this town. 

"Dad? Why are we stopping here?"

"Sorry, sweetie, there's a puncture in our balloon, we're going to stay here for a few days, ok?"

"Ok, dad..."

"You two look like you're in need of a nice place to stay," an old woman walked up too us. 

My father glanced up at her, "thank you, if you wouldn't mind bringing my daughter there, I have some business to take care of, I will join you shortly."

"Of course, a big strong man like you needs to do his work," she placed a cool hand on my shoulder, "I will take care of your daughter."

"But da-"

"(Y/N). You know my job is important."

"Sorry..."

"Come little one,"

I followed her to her home. 

"My name is Hama. Make yourself at home."

"Hi, Hama. My name is (Y/N). Do you know when my father will be back?"

She laughed, "I'm sorry, (Y/N), I have no idea."

I sighed, "that's ok."

"Might I ask, where's your mother?"

"She's at home," I told her, uninterested. She gave me the creeps and I just wanted my dad. My hand moved to my necklace. 

"My, that's quite a necklace you have there. The serpent almost looks Water Tribe."

"It is. My mother is from the Southern Tribe."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, lady that's why I said it."

"Well, it's not only her. So am I."

My eyes lit up and I looked up at her, beaming, "really?"

"Yes, child."

I bounced up and down, "that is so cool!!"

She used water to bend a small stream, and my eyes widened, "you're a water bender!"