The Promise

[(Y/N)'S POV]

"You know, how much do you wanna bet, they're going to set us up to be the 'bad guy' just because we're fire nation," I said to Zuko. 

"I wouldn't bet anything on that, you're right."

"I mean, logically, we're right. We'd be tearing apart families! Why can't Aang and the Earth King see that? It's like they wanna start a war. Yes, we're sending troops. But, you know who sent troops first? The Earth King!" I continued. 

Zuko smiled at me weakly, "yes, (Y/N)... I know."

"Hey! On the bright side, I miss real fighting. Like ok, I've been practicing and stuff, but the rush of a battle, hearing my heart beat in my head, feeling other people's blood coursing through their veins," I sighed, "well, there's nothing quite like it."

Zuko looked at me weird, "you... miss the war?"

"Hey! I wouldn't say I miss the war! I just miss the excitement! The action! Like, come on!"

Zuko chuckled, "this is why I love you, (Y/N)."

"And I, you Fire Lord Zuko," we turned so our bodies were facing each other. 

"So, Fire Lady (Y/N)-"

I groaned, cutting him off, "You too? I think I would remember if we had a wedding, I am not the Fire Lady!"

"Yet," Zuko said. 

"Yet!"

We both doubled over laughing. We've been repeating that phrase for months now. 

"I'm gonna go rest somewhere, call me when things get interesting."

Zuko nodded, and I walked and sat down somewhere. 

"(Y/N)!" Zuko ran into my room, holding a big box.

"Oh! If it isn't Fire Lord Zuko," I knelt in front of him, "what can I do for you, my lord."

Zuko's face turned red, "oh, come on! Get up!"

"I have nothing but respect for my Fire Lord, I must bow for at least two minutes."

Zuko grabbed my arm, and pulled me up, bringing me close to his face. I glanced down at his lips, then turned away. 

"So. What brings you here?" I asked. 

"Uh... what brings me to the palace in which I live?"

"No, you idiot, what brings you to my room?"

"It's really barely your room, you sleep in my room every night."

"Technicalities," I said waving my hand. 

"Well," Zuko scratched his head, "I was thinking... maybe we could.. I don't know, go out? For a date?"

I laughed, "are you nervous? I'm your girlfriend! What am I going to say? No?"

He grinned, "I mean... you could?"

"You're right. No."

His eyes widened, "W-what?"

"Relax! I'm joking!"

Zuko handed me the box, "wear this, and meet me in two hours!" he said, before running out of the room. 

"You are such a dork!" I yelled after him.

Hey... he didn't even tell me where to meet him. Oh well. I'd figure it out.