Chapter 52: Tourny

--Kaleb's Point of View--

After the logn drive we pulled onto bridge, but its crumbled somewhere down the line. I drive until I see the part where the bridge is no more. Then I stare across at all the deadbodies on the sand. I see Jillian and I's old spot..which is a bent over roof from the melted metal. The pieces of the jet still lodged around here and there. I see a body hanging from a palm tree , the parachute still connected to him.

"I'll be back" I tell Melanie as I step out of the car. I run and jump into the water.

Its cold but refreshing and I swim towards the shores of Cedar Point. I see a couple jet-ski's on a rack on the beach. I take one off and drag it to the water. I start it up and ski towards the last known location of our ferry. I pull the throttle and hit max speed, I weave through the various turns and I eventually spot the ferry lodge on shore. My Corvette that I left behind still on it..but barely. It must've crashed onto the shore and caused things to shake. I jump onto the shore and run to climb on the ferry. I peer into my Corvette and spot a bag of tents. I grab it and throw it on the ferry. I look for anything else....I spot the fire ax I got previously, just laying on the floor. I pick it up and carry it in my left hand. I go to the captains quarter and start up the ferry, it has half a tank of fuel..which is more than enough.

I start it and the engine kicks sending the rotors into a frenzy, some sand and some water is kicked up. I leave it in reverse then hop onto shore. I get into the car and luckily my keys are in it. I start it up and drive onto shore I shift into reverse and slam on the gas. I go full force into the ferry, I hit it and give it the boost it needs to start treading only water.

I quickly get out of the Corvette and chase the ferry down. I swim fast and catch up to it, I pull myself onto it and run to the steering wheel. I make it and switch it to go forward. I start driving the ferry towards Cedar Point, I'm there in about ten minutes. Phillip's old challenger still onboard. Along with the school bus. I pull up to our old loading area and toot the horn. I shut it off and anchor it. I get off and start running down a bridge towards the others, my clothes are finally starting to dry off and I feel cold.

I reach the others and they are all gathered at the edge where I jumped in. "Hey!" I scream, they all turn to face me and give me disgusted looks. "Where the fuck did you go?" Britni scolds. "I went..to go get the ferry, get in and follow me" I say out of breath as I get into my car with Melanie. I start it and floor it towards the ferry.

I get onto the ferry first and the others join me soon after. I take us to the island where we use to land our vehicles and anchor, I then drive off with the others.

We all park close to the gate. "Where too?" "Well the hotel we used to sleep in is nearly toppled over....So I guess we hit up the blue hotel...get some sleep after that long drive. We'll talk in the morning?" I propose, everyone buys into that idea and Melanie and I share a room and a bed. We cuddled. Something I think we both have been wanting to do, just never said anything about it.

"Kaleb...do you still..have feelings for me?" She asks as she wraps her arms around me. "Stronger than anything....why?" "I just wanted to know...before I did this" She kisses me. It was a lengthy kiss too, and it kind of escalated from that. But it didn't turn into sex. We fell asleep after a few minutes of making out, because we were tired from the drive and just the overall being awake.

--

I wake up and Melanie is still fast asleep. I carefully creep out of the bed and into the bathroom, I guess now is a good time as any  to check for running water. Much to my surprise there is! It even warms up good too. I take a shower and I must've woke Melanie up, because she walks into the bathroom. I shield myself even through the foggy glass. "We got to save some water...never know when it'll run out" She says before slipping her clothes off.